Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 Is Here
We listened and it’s here; Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 is available and ready to protect your businesses’ most critical asset –information. We’ve simplified information protection with this new product built specifically for small- to medium-sized businesses (SMB). Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 gives you choice in deployment options, all in one product. The solution can be deployed as a cloud-managed service or using our cloud-ready on-premise management option that makes it easy for an SMB to move to the cloud at a later date. The new service installs in just minutes and also features enhancements to meet the system needs and security challenges you face today including support for Windows® 8 and new USB device control.
Bare Minimum Security No Longer an Option
According to the June 2012 Symantec Intelligence Report, targeted attacks have doubled against businesses with 250 or fewer employees, climbing to 36 percent of all targeted attacks. These targeted attacks could be fatal to an SMB – just one could wipe out all of your hard work, threatening not only business data, but also important customer relationships. Despite these risks, many SMBs still cross their fingers and hope for the best because security is just too complicated. But, we all know that “hope” is not a strategy for protecting your business. That’s why Symantec went back to the drawing board with Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 to create a product that makes endpoint security effortless.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 is more flexible. The cloud-managed service means you’re free to devote your energies to growing your business while advanced technologies for antivirus, antispyware and firewall work from the cloud to protect laptops, desktops and file servers seamlessly, even when your employees are on the road, and with little effort on your part. Employees will always have the latest protection because updates happen automatically and transparently over the Web. In addition, the user-friendly interface makes it easy to change security settings, set up alerts, and view reports without any technical expertise.
All this protection is easier to budget for too because Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 delivers as much value as it does protection. Whether SMBs opt for the cloud-managed service or on-premise management, a simple subscription fee flattens operating costs and fits into any budget. Without the need for special hardware or servers, SMBs benefit from low upfront costs and protection that can easily stay in step as your business grows. If now is not quite the time to take advantage of the convenience of a cloud-managed service, SMBs can easily switch from on-premise management to management in the cloud without any extra costs when the timing’s right –allowing them to future-proof their investment.
Product Highlights and Features
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 offers the following highlights and features:
- Easy Setup and Management: Simple setup in minutes with a web-based management console.
- Comprehensive Protection: Detects and eliminates viruses, stops online threats, protects against online identity theft, and safeguards business data from loss.
- Symantec Protection System: Provides four unique layers of powerful protection that proactively stop online threats before they can infect business computers.
- Insight: Checks where files came from and how long they’ve been around to stop new online threats before they can impact your business.
- Download Insight 2.0: Protects your business from dangerous applications by warning if they are harmful or unstable before they’re installed on office computers.
- Network Threat Protection: Detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach office computers.
- Browser Protection: Proactively protects your business by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop them before they can do damage.
- Improved SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24/7 Threat Monitoring: Monitors business computers for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect new threats and stop them in their tracks.
- USB Device Control*: Ability to detect and protect against harmful files from USB storage devices.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into office PCs and stealing sensitive business information—without constantly asking users to make security decisions.
- 24x7 Support: Offers you expert help and answers by phone, live chat, or online, whenever you need them.
- Pulse Updates: Updates protection every 5 to 15 minutes—without interrupting users—for up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
- Windows 8 Support: Protection of computers running Windows 8, when it is released.
- Local Update Service*: Provides better bandwidth optimization when accessing security updates.
- RMM-Enabled: On-premise management application is enabled to be integrated with leading RMM tools. RMM vendors who have already integrated include Kaseya, Level Platforms, and LabTech.
- Smart Scheduler: Lets administrators run scans and updates as set up as a policy.
- Monthly Report: Shows administrators what Symantec has done in the previous month to keep your business safe from threats.
- Integration with Partner Management Console: Symantec partners can easily monitor and manage their customers’ environments using cloud-managed deployments of Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 and Symantec Backup Exec.cloud through a single web-based portal.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 provides always-on protection with automatic security updates allowing employee systems to stay current. The ability to start with on-premise management and move to the cloud-managed service at no additional cost is something SMBs really can’t pass up. A virus or malware attack can destroy an SMB in minutes. Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 protects it just as fast. It’s the simple, fast and effective way to give SMBs world-class protection from Symantec.
*Cloud-managed service only