i would like to encourage you all to share your opinions on top 10 reason that you feel justifies the need for DLP
1) your data and your control--thus we need DLP
Other that to protect your data, I can't think of any.
Maybe the question should be "Why we protect our data from..."
More of a discussion than a blog - imho.
Anyway, here's my take:
1~5 . To prepare for disasters both natural and technological. Also why a disaster recovery site is important.
6. It's cheaper than recovering lost data.
7. More reliable than recovering lost data.
8. Less time consuming than recovering lost data.
9. Recovering lost data without a backup could mean manual encoding of data.
10. Can make you sleep better at night knowing that your data is secure.
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
you have covered up lot of aspects that i may not find even after googling; this will help lot other techies like me who are new to DLP arena.
more info is appreciated . . .
You're welcome i2professional.
I have either experienced or have my colleagues experience items 6~10.
During that time, my previous company is still just halfway in implementing a disaster recovery site.
Let's just say that management is more interested in adding new applications for clients to use and to charge for than to protect the current data which they seem to see as a white elephant.