If you are looking for a tool to check how is running well your PC hardware, the solution is Open Hardware Monitor . This portable freeware application allows to monitor temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of your computer.
It supports most hardware monitoring chips found on todays mainboards like the ITE, Winbond and Fintek families. The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature senors of Intel and AMD processors. The sensors of ATI and Nvidia video cards as well as SMART hard drive temperature can be displayed.
- Display of sensor value, min, max and (technical) limit (columns configurable).
- Editable sensor parameters (via context menu or double click on the sensor).
- Display any sensor in the system tray (via context menu, color configurable).
- Plotting of temperatures graphs (currently limited to max 100min).
- Window position and size is restored the next time the application is started.
- Sensor names can be edited (click sensor twice or select the sensor and press F2).
- Display can be limited to certain sensor types (voltage, clock, temperature, fan).
- Hard disk S.M.A.R.T. sensor reading can be disabled to allow unused disks to be turned off.
- Minimize to system tray.
- CPU core sensors
Intel Core 2, Core i3/i5/i7
AMD K8 (0Fh family), K10 (10h family)
- Mainboard sensors
ITE IT8712F, IT8716F, IT8718F, IT8720F, IT8726F
Fintek F71858, F71862, F71869, F71882, F71889ED, F71889F
Winbond W83627DHG, W83627DHG-P, W83627EHF, W83627HF, W83627THF, W83667HG, W83667HG-B, W83687THF
- GPU sensors
- Hard disks
S.M.A.R.T. sensors (optional)
- Fan controllers
Link : Open Hardware Monitor