Use the Legacy Setup Conversion tool to convert the following types of setup programs to Windows Installer format:
- Microsoft SMS Installer (.IPF or .EXE)
- Novell ZENWorks (.AXT)
- WinINSTALL (.TXT)
- WiseScript (.WSE or .EXE)
- InstallShield Professional (.IPR)
Here is the step by step Guide to extract the contents of Wise Script exe to .wsi file
- Double-click the Legacy Setup Conversion icon.
- The Select Source Format dialog appears.
- In the Select Source Format dialog, select the type of setup program you want to convert to Windows Installer format and click Next.
The Specify Files Dialog appears.
- Specify the Source Installation and the Target Installation, as well as any other information that is required. For complete instructions on converting each specific type of installation, press F1 in the Specify Files dialog.
- Click Next to start the conversion process.
The file is converted and the Conversion Complete dialog appears.
- Click Finish.
Use Windows Install Editor to open the resulting .WSI or .MSI file and view the results of the conversion. If you converted a WinINSTALL package to a WiseScript, open the package in WiseScript Editor.