VeriSign Homepage Redesign Live
Little late in posting this but the new VeriSign.com homepage is officially live. It was made official before the new year after conducting tests to determine which of several designs was performing best. The winner was determined after examining usage and analytics patterns from visitors to the site over approximately a quarter. We conducted A/B tests on a couple of new designs along with the original homepage.
With the redesign, the intent is to improve your overall user experience by updating the look and feel of the design so it is more pleasing to the eye, surface more relevant content, and improve the overall usability. We know that our users are busy and that their time is valuable, so we've strived to optimize the homepage so it is more gateway-oriented - allowing you to learn about what you need to faster and get you to where you need to faster so you can ultimately be successful. Navigational elements, entry points, and content was written so they are scannable and intuitive to enable quick and easier access.
Here is an overview of the page:
1. The new country site selector is an in-page popup pane which allows you to select the site you wish to visit directly from the homepage without leaving the page.
2. The top level navigation bar has an onhover color change effect to indicate menu items are active as well as downward facing carats to visually indicate that there are flyout menus for sublinks. These links provide valuable deep links into specific content areas.
3. There is now a full-page interactive flash banner which houses multiple overarching messages which helps you learn about issues relevant to you and how VeriSign helps you solve them.
4. For users looking to transact, there is a clearly defined and improved space for this purpose beneath the flash banner.
5. In the center well area, there is a section for learning about the latest product promotions, events, announcements, etc. This component is in the form of an interactive auto-rotating scroller which is also self-directed.
6. To the right of the promotional area, we have an accordian which we are using to surface task based as well as role-based navigation and quick links to other destinations on the site.
7. At the bottom of the page, there is a News ticker to keep you up-to-date on the latest news from VeriSign. This element also auto-rotates as well as allows for manual rotation.
8. We have 'Feedback' links in the header and footer of the page for easy access and in case you miss it in either spot.
Overall, there are more Web 2.0-esque features and functionality on the page. There are more bells and whistles intended to enable interactivity and functionality. We strived to carefully balance form and function. The elements have been pulled together in a cohesive and synergistic manner to enhance - not encumber - the user experience.
Check it out at www.verisign.com and let us know how it is working for you. Would love to hear your comments.