Here we keep you up-to-date with the latest news around our vertical industries including: Telco, Health Care, Financial Services and Public sector. More Details
For over 25 years, Symantec has partnered with financial institutions to secure and manage the information that drives the industry. More Details
ONLINE TRANSACTIONS & MOBILE BANKING/PAYMENTS/MONEY
Mobile payments - most significant revenue opportunities of the decade for financial institutions (Research: PwC, 09 November 2011)
Changes to the payments ecosystem from the advent of mobile services put more than $20 billion in play for financial services industry participants - through both new revenue opportunities and potential loss mitigation. Inaction is no longer an option argues PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Mobile banking ecosystem is diverse and fragmented
The mobile banking is not a fixed market but rather an open opportunity where we can identify potential partners to collaborate with. There is an extensive movement as we speak so make sure that you get to touch base on mobile services with your customers shortly.
NEW!Private Cloud for the Finance industry – SAMG 6 launch
As a part of the SAMG 6 launch we are specifically targeting the finance industry to encourage them to look at building cloud/shared services based on their infrastructure already in place. From the survey released this summer around Virtualization and evolution to the cloud we have extracted the data for the EMEA Financial services industry and the results are now available in a report, which will be made available shortly.
The Platform-as-a-Service Revolution with IT management– finextra.com
“PaaS is the third-largest cloud category, with a market size of $820 million in 2011, and Forrester predicts steady growth as PaaS becomes a serious alternative for developing custom applications. Usage in corporate application development will take off in 2011, while service providers will engage more with PaaS from 2012 on”. We are seeing a lot of market movements in the PaaS arena, such as the acquisition of Heroku (PaaS solution based on Ruby) by SalesForce for $212 million, or like SAP, Red Hat, and Software AG who have been doing similar acquisitions to position themselves in this growing market. For now, Microsoft (Azure) and Google (Application Engine) seem to be the best positioned.
Avoiding Systemic Crises: Getting a Grip on Big Data– finextra.com
Systemic risk was at the heart of the financial crisis of 2008, and is again on everyone's mind as the current sovereign debt crisis unfolds. Regulatory and industry efforts are, therefore, focusing on getting a more accurate view of risk exposures across asset classes, lines of business and firms in order to better predict and manage systemic interplays.
INFORMATION RISK & COMPLIANCE
Financial services CRO experiences – ernst&young
Update Story: Nasdaq hackers spied on company directors – Reported October 21, 2011
A new report claims that the hackers who attacked the Nasdaq last year were surreptitiously spying on public company board of directors. Reuters cited sources from the ongoing investigation into the Nasdaq breach and reported that the hackers were able to access Nasdaq's Web-based software program, Directors Desk, to spy on company executives.
On Oct. 17th, HSBC Middle East mistakenly sent an email to 178 customers of HSBC Premier, the bank's account level for high earners, advising them that it was due to implement an IBAN number system used for international transfers. In the course of that email communication, the communication mistakenly revealed the email addresses of customers to other customers. No other contact details or customer account information was divulged. This is the second time in two years that HSBC has revealed personal email details of its high-income customers.
Banks vulnerable to cyber attacks– bankersonline.com
Cyber attacks are increasing yet less than half of the organizations who participated in Ernst & Young's 14th annual Global Information Security Survey feel the IT security function at their organization is adequate. Money is not always the primary goal in cyber attacks against banks and financial institutions. Not only do banks need to be especially vigilant against new and varied threats aimed to steal sensitive data, but data thieves may also target vendors or other third-party partners to gain access to a bank's network, reports Bank Systems & Technology. A data breach incident can have a significant impact on an organization or institution as revealed in a Websense "Security Pros and Cons" survey of IT managers.
Building secure Banking applications with VIP authentication
Secure mobile banking? How can Symantec help - check the Building Trusted Banking Apps for the iPad webcast out.
Public references on our external web pages with all documentation
FINANCIAL SERVICES WEB PAGES UPDATED
On Symantec Connect we have created a group for Banking & Finance to which you can tag forum discussions or blog entries if it relates to the industry vertical. That content will also be fed to Banking & Finance web pages on www.symantec.com/finance to make sure the broader community can take part of our industry solutions discussions.
Protect the complex information system and sensitive data of healthcare providers and payers. More Details
Mississippi Baptist Health Systems - Mississippi Baptist Health Systems operates a nearly 600-bed medical center and offers a variety of health and medical services in the Jackson, MS area. The organization found significant business value with Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Storage Foundation HA, and Symantec Enterprise Vault.Read more
- CIO Digest: “N08DO” is More than a Rebus, Focus on Citizens Drives IT Strategy
- CIO Digest: The Picture of Health, Reducing the cost of medical image archiving
- CIO Digest: No Tilting at Windmills here, IT Standardization Adventure Prescribes Sucess for SESCAM
Protect and manage public sector information to achieve collaboration without compromising security. More Details
- What a Difference a Year Makes: Changing Attitudes and Participation in Government Critical Infrastructure Protection Programs
- Federal CIO Spotlight: Can VanRoekel Close the Modernization Gap?
- Back-to-School Cyber Security Checklist
Communication Service Providers
- Customer success story: Tiscali S.p.A. - European Internet Giant Relies on Symantec for Infrastructure, Security, and Messaging
- Customer success story: Warid Telecom (Pvt.) Ltd. - Reducing Storage Management Costs by 50% at one of Pakistan’s Fastest-Growing Telecommunications Providers
- Customer success story: Etisalat Misr - Influencing the Continued Growth of one of Egypt’s Most Successful Mobile Telecommunications Providers
- Customer success story: InTechnology - InTechnology Ranks Symantec as its Most Strategic Partner
- Customer success story: Pelephone - Three-Year Return on Symantec Investment Supports Aggressive Mobile Communications Growth Strategy in Israel
- Customer success story: Swisscom IT Services - Looking Towards a Bright Future with Antispam Protection
- Customer success story: T-Systems - Reliable Data Backup and Recovery for 600 Servers
Around the Globe
- Customer success story: Slovak Telekom, a. s. - Cutting Email Volumes, Cutting Spam at Leading Slovak ISP
- CIO Digest: vodafone - FAST AND INNOVATIVE, Tuning IT and Business Performance at Vodafone
- CIO Digest: The Double-Edged Sword of IP Convergence
- Business Value Analysis Study: Messaging Security, Email Archiving, High Availability, Storage Management, Server Consolidation, and Energy Savings
- Whitepaper: Security for Smartphones as a Service by Frank Bunn, Senior Manager, EMEA Product Marketing – Communications Service Providers
- Whitepaper: Next Generation Network Protection - Insight, Protection, and Revenue in the Network
- Whitepaper: Next Generation Network Protection - Anatomy of a mobile threat:Zeus MitMo
(Man in the Mobile)