Vision Daily - Monday 12 November
Vision 2012 Barcelona is finally here, and we’ve packed the schedule with tech-savvy speakers and special events to help you take full advantage of your Symantec investment. It’s our last year in Barcelona, so let’s make it the best!
As you settle in, set your alarm for tomorrow’s opening keynote at 10:30 featuring Francis deSouza, Group President of Enterprise Products and Services at Symantec, along with John Brigden, SVP of EMEA Sales at Symantec and many other leading Symantec experts, customer and partners. You’ll gain high-level insights into how Symantec can help you address new challenges and embrace a more information-centric approach to IT as your cloud, mobile and data centre environments converge. Hear the story of 15 year old Plant-for-the-Planet founder Felix Finkbeiner and join the tree planting activity during the lunch break.
Make sure you’re in your seat by 10:15 to win amazing prizes at our Early Bird drawing. Not arriving in-time? Watch the keynote live online!
Discover the Power of Planning
To make the most of your time at Vision, you’ll want to:
- Plan your travel and make use of our free bus shuttle transfers from the airport to the CCIB departing Tuesday, 13 November: between 07:30 and 11:00 – every 30 minutes.
- Get Checked-in early: Log in at a Self Check-in Station; then pick up your badge at the Registration Desk and get your conference materials at the Conference Services Desk. If you have not purchased a ticket or if you are not registered, contact the Special Assistance Desk and register on-site. Hours are Monday 09:00 – 19:30, Tuesday 7:30 - 20:00, Wednesday 8:00 - 19:00 and Thursday 8:00 - 17:00.
- Go Mobile and download the VISION 2012 APP from the AppStore or from the VISION 2012 APP page to review the conference agenda, access your personal schedule, register for break-out sessions and hands-on labs, take the conference survey, and learn more about our sponsors - all from your mobile device.
- Check your Session Scheduler one more time and reserve time to visit the Partner Expo Hall on P0 Ground Floor, featuring the industry´s best IT solution providers Tuesday through Thursday. Then fasten your seatbelts and test your razor-sharp reflexes at the Lotus F1 simulator located at the Symantec/SAMG booth.
- Power up by attending one of four Power Sessions where senior Symantec experts share the latest news from each of the Symantec solution areas. Add to your session schedule and pre-register for the Power Session that corresponds to your track of interest. All four Power Sessions will be held Tuesday from 13:30 - 14:30.
- Attend one of our Customer Feedback Forums for the opportunity to discuss product/solution experiences directly with responsible stakeholders and other customers. Sessions taking place Tuesday 17:30-18:30 and Wednesday 17:15-18:15. Select your session and register now.
Discover the Poken Power
Pick up your Poken at the Conference Services Desk. It is a digital business card that makes it easy for you to collect and exchange contact details with a simple touch. Update your profile at www.poken.com and login with your individual email address used to register for Vision and the password “vision”. You can also download sponsor information with it in the Expo Hall.
Discover the Power of Connection
“Check-in” at the Social Media Lounge in the Expo Hall and stay connected throughout the conference. You can take mini-breaks here any time to:
- Chat with friends, both in person and on-line
- Tweet your conference experiences (@symantecvision, #symvision)
- Enter a daily Instagram photo contest
- Post your video blogs
- Charge your phone
- Check email
- Explore your inner artist at the SymConnect digital graffiti wall
- Meet HP’s CLEO in person
- Follow conversations on Facebook, Xing and LinkedIn
Take the opportunity to join the Symantec Twitter chat on Tuesday from 13.30-14.30! The chat will discuss ‘the convergence of cloud and mobile’ and incorporate live updates from the session titled ‘Strategies for Security and Management in a Mobile and Virtual World’. See the blog for more information on the chat. Feel free to submit your questions on the topic to @SymantecVision and join to have your say by following #SymVision #ITtrends.
Please also note that we have 20 of EMEA's leading industry analysts/influencers on site from organisations such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC and Ovum among others.