The VISION SOCIAL MEDIA SCAVENGER HUNT CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Symantec Limited of Ballycoolin Business Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland (“Symantec”). The Contest begins on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. Central European time and ends on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. Central European time.
2. ELIGIBILITY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
This Contest is open to persons who are registered participants at VISION 2011 in Barcelona held on 4-6 Oct, 2011 and are legal residents in the EMEA Territory as defined in Section 9 below. Entrants must have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence at the time of entering the Contest in order to participate, must not be employed by a governmental body and must have obtained the permission of their employers to participate in this Contest. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter, participate in, or win the Contest: (a) persons who on or after Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. Central European time were or are officers, directors or employees of Symantec or any of their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, or service agencies, or independent contractors of any of the above organizations; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively with Symantec and the entities specified in (a) above, the “Promotion Entities”); and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. Any questions and/or issues concerning eligibility shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Symantec. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
You can enter the Contest by visiting Symantec Connect- Symantec Vision 2011 Scavenger Hunt during the Contest Period, and following the posted instructions on the site to complete the daily Scavenger Hunt activities and posting to Symantec Connect. All entries must be received by Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. Central European time.
Participants are only eligible to enter once per day during the Contest; and each entry must meet the Contest Submission Requirements described in Section 4 below. Entrants are required to agree to these Official Rules at the time of entry by using the accept feature at the Contest Website. There is no purchase of Symantec products or services required to enter the Contest. Any purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Your entry (“Entry”) must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified.
- Your Entry must be submitted via blog post to Symantec Connect in the Vision User Conference community, selecting the Symantec Vision Product and include “#symanteccontest” as the Free Tag.
- Your Entry must include all of the items described in the Scavenger Hunt list
- If not present at Symantec VISION 2011, your entry can include electronically or non-electronically modified photographs.
- Your Entry must be in English.
- Your Entry must not violate any right of a third party including, but not limited to: copyright, trademark, any other intellectual property right, and right of publicity. Please do not include the name of any company or product produced by a manufacturer other than Symantec.
- Your Entry must be original, unpublished, your sole property, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Your Entry must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate: unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity; disparagement of any product or person; or other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate content.
- By submitting an Entry you agree that Symantec has the unrestricted right to: use your Entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish and display the Entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional review or compensation. Additionally you agree that Symantec may post your Entry (including your name) on its website(s) and/or its Web pages on third-party sites.
- To submit your Entry, you must read and agree to these Official Rules. You agree that by submitting this Entry, you relinquish all rights, as outlined herein, and the Entry, its characters and content becomes the property of Symantec.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION
At the end of the Contest Period, Symantec or its designee will review the Entries and select one first place winner, one second and one third place winner from among all eligible Entries using the following judging criteria:
- Completion of tasks (80%); and
- Creativity (20%).
Winners will be selected on or about October, 14, 2011 by a panel of 5 judges. Any winning claims will be subject to Symantec and confirming that the winner has complied with these Official Rules.
Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Symantec will make two attempts to contact the winner. If Symantec is not receiving a response from a potential winner within 6 weeks as of being notified for the first time of winning the prize, the corresponding Entry may be deemed ineligible to win a prize and the next highest scoring Entry may be chosen.
In addition, if Symantec elects, Symantec may announce the winner on the Contest Website. By entering the Contest, you agree that, in the event of winning a prize, Symantec may use your name in publicity, and you waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. This obligation shall last for 6 months afterthe end of the Contest Period, after which it shall terminate.
Symantec shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the affected Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the corresponding Symantec Connect post. A potential winner may be required to provide Symantec with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the submitted entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Symantec's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize but these Official Rules will otherwise continue to govern the affected entry.
6. PRIZES / APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
The following prizes will be awarded under the Contest:
Estimated Retail Value
iPad 2 (Wi Fi 64 GB)
~ 645 Euro
Bose Noise Canceling headphones
The total approximate retail value of all the prizes to be awarded under the Contest is 1025 Euro.
Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Symantec, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All taxes (income, earning, value added, state, local, federal or otherwise) imposed by any government or regulatory authority having jurisdiction upon you are your sole responsibility. Symantec will enter into any discussions, payment, subsidy or contribution to any tax liabilities surrounding acceptance of the prize. Winners should seek independent advice if this is a concern.All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Symantec in its sole discretion.
Symantec cannot accurately predict the number of Entries in the Contest and therefore reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or use criteria selected by Symantec in its sole and absolute discretion to identify those Entries that will be judged.
8.1 Warranties and limitation of liability
1. Any problems with the functionality of the prize are subject to the manufacturer's guarantee which is either detailed in the product documentation accompanying the prize or which can be ordered from the manufacturer directly. The winner is responsible to follow all instructions and in case of a guarantee to comply with all requirements to register and raise its claim.
2. To the extent permissible by law, Symantec excludes any representation or warranty, express or implied, as well as any liability in respect to the prize(s) except for damage that is proven to be caused by shipment or processing by Symantec.
3. Under no circumstances shall Symantec be liable for any Internet malfunctions that may prevent the Participant’s participation in the prize draw as planned. Moreover, Symantec shall accept no liability in the event you have made errors or mistakes when registering or participating in the Contest.
8.2 Governing Law
This Contest shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England, excluding provisions regarding conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for all matters (including contractual and non-contractual disputes) involving this Contest.
Inquiries concerning this Contest should be sent in writing via certified mail to Diane De Jongh or Patricia Valuch on behalf of Symantec Limited, Brookvale Plaza, East Park, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland, or by email to: Diane_DeJongh@symantec.com or Patricia_Valuch@symantec.com
EMEA is the term used by Symantec to describe the territory of Europe, Middle East and Africa. This Contest is designed to run in specific countries within this territory. These are as follows:
Bosnia & Herzegovina