Issue – VM server Farm is spiking CPU utilization
Problem summation: Utilizations are seen at rates 70-90% utilization of host CPU for 1-5 seconds. Trigging monitor alert and email to support
What it looks like is that servers are not being excluded from the workstation inventories.
· Collect Delta Software – Daily at 11am local machine time
· Collect Full Inventory- Weekly at 10am local machine time
· Collect Delta Hardware Inventory -- Weekly at 2pm local machine time
Server data classes were excluded from the previous inventory collections. These are collected with Collect Delta Server (once a week) , Collect Full Server ( once a month)
The setting is a OOB setting from Symantec.
Fix is create filters that would exclude servers from the above collections
· Collect Delta Software -- Collection membership is all computers with a exclusion for Windows Servers
· Collect Full Inventory -- Collection membership is all computers with a exclusion for Windows Servers
· Collect Delta Hardware Inventory – Collection membership is all computers with a exclusion for Windows Servers
Fix is done and it will take about a day to propagate out to all machines