What’s New with NetBackup Appliances?
As data centers evolve, backup and recovery operations and infrastructure become more complex to maintain and manage. Increased costs around upgrading hardware and software, additional storage, and manpower to administer and maintain everything are unavoidable. But there is a better way. What if you could lower the CapEx and OpEx of your backup and recovery infrastructure, maintain the latest technology and feature set the solution has to offer, and even better, not have to construct your backup servers manually from the ground up? Welcome to the award winning world of the NetBackup Appliances!
For several years now, Symantec has had great success with the NetBackup Appliances, offering customers a choice in form factor without compromising performance and functionality. In fact, they are fine tuned to provide maximum NetBackup performance for the enterprise environment. Whether it’s the 50x0 series for optimal deduplication, or the 52x0 series providing efficient media and master server functionality, there are plenty of benefits to having these in your data center. While the 50x0 series focuses on deduplication performance, some of the specific features of the 52x0 series are:
- Backup VMware without Windows proxy servers
- Deliver up to 36x faster backups with Intelligent end-to-end deduplication
- Increase scalability to 72TB of usable capacity, or 64TB of deduplication capacity
- Protect NetBackup 5220 Appliance against zero day attacks and malicious insider threats
- Up to 10X faster backups to cloud and replication with WAN Optimization
- Leverage NetBackup 7.5 software features including NetBackup Accelerator, Replication Director, and Heterogeneous Cloud Support
While our appliances have already won many awards and accolades from customers, analysts and experts in the industry, we’re continuously looking to provide new, cutting edge features and performance. Come see us the week of April 15th at Symantec Vision 2013 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where you can see what’s new with our appliance strategy and future roadmap for the upcoming NetBackup 7.6 release. Session times for “What’s New with NetBackup Appliances” are:
- Monday April 15th 3:30-4:30pm PST
- Wednesday April 15th 1:15-2:15pm PST
For more details on this session and others, please visit our Vision Session site at:
- This week: Attend our session
- 30 days: Stay tuned for collateral and information about what’s coming in NetBackup 7.6. Look for our new collateral on our new 5030 and 5230 appliances available May 6th
- 60 days: Engage your Symantec Sales and Specialist teams for discussions and lunch and learns around how the appliances can benefit your business.
Not attending Vision? There’s still time to register here:
More Information on NetBackup 7.5: