Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU3 has been released on June 6 2013.
You may find the latest release, Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU3, here:
This build's version is: 12.1.3001.165
Upgrade and Migration paths
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.3 (RU3) can upgrade seamlessly over the following:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2100.2093 (RU2 MP1)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2015.2015 (RU2)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1101.401 (RU1 MP1)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1000.157 (RU1)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.671.4971 (RTM)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x (can be upgraded to enterprise version only)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.0
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.3 (RU3) can migrate installations of the following legacy Symantec products:
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.x.
- Symantec Client Security 3.x
- Symantec AntiVirus for Mac (client only)
This Symantec Release build contains:
- Resolution of 120 customer defects
- Updated third party components to resolve security vulnerabilities
- Integration of customer fixes from the previous SEP 22.214.171.124 release
- Integration with Insight for Private Clouds appliance
- SONAR and IPS intelligent updater (IU) support
- Support for SONAR User Mode Hooking
- FIPS 140-2 certification (pending validation by external vendor)
- Ability to restore clean files from quarantine
- Inclusion of SAV for Linux clients in reporting
- Support for Outlook 2013 (Outlook Auto-Protect)
- Support for Exchange 2013 server (auto-exclusions)
The following components are unchanged in this release: Mac client, Linux client, Enforcer, Security Virtual Appliance (SVA).
Symantec Insight for Private Clouds appliance
Symantec Insight for Private Clouds Endpoint Edition is typically installed in networks without Internet connectivity. The private server stores a copy of Symantec Insight's reputation database in your private cloud. Symantec Endpoint Protection reputation queries are HTTP or HTTPS requests to the private server rather than to Symantec's Insight server.
The private server downloads the Symantec Insight data over an encrypted, secure connection. You can manually update the Insight data or use third-party tools to check for updates and download the data automatically. Your update method depends on your network and the type of server on which you run Symantec Insight for Private Clouds.
When you use a private Insight server, Symantec does not receive any queries or submissions for file reputation.