WIN VIP Tickets to Linkin Park and Apple TVs
Don’t miss out on your chance to be a #VMrockstar with Symantec. Enter to win a pair of VIP tickets to Linkin Park on Tuesday 30th August at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas in celebration of #VMworld. And that’s not all, the VIP tickets come with VIP treatment. This once in a lifetime VIP experience includes:
- Two VIP tickets to Linkin Park on Tuesday 30th August at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas
- Premium seating – the best seats in the house (front row or front balcony seats)
- Limousine transportation to and from The Venetian and Hard Rock Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Linkin Park souvenir gift
We’re looking for hints, tips, tricks and best practices on how to be successful with virtualization - whether that’s how to get the most out of virtualization, how to backup and restore a virtual environment or simply how to get the most out of VMworld 2011. Whatever your virtualization tip is, share it with your Twitter followers using the #VMrockstar hashtag on Twitter.
It’s going to be an unforgettable night and definitely one to remember. If you don’t win the VIP tickets, there’s also Apple TV’s up for grabs. Post your tip to twitter using the hashtag: #vmrockstar today and help VMworld attendees get the most out of virtualization and VMworld.
How to enter
Post a tweet using the hashtag #VMrockstar on Twitter with your virtualization hint, tip, trick, secret or best practice – whether that’s how to get the most out of virtualization, how to backup and recover a virtual environment or simply how to get the most out of VMworld.
Be sure to include the hashtag #VMrockstar in your tweet to enter the Contest.
The VIP tickets will be given away on the Symantec booth at VMworld Las Vegas on Tuesday 30th August at 5.00pm – you must be present to win so head down to the Symantec booth in time for the drawing.
- The five Apple TV’s will be given away on the Symantec booth at VMworld Las Vegas on Wednesday 31st August at 5.00pm – you must be present to win so be sure to head down to the Symantec booth in time for the drawing.
THE SYMANTEC GIVEAWAY FOR VMWORLD
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS OF THE JUDGE RELATIVE TO THIS CONTEST.
The Symantec Giveaway for VMworld (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Symantec Corporation (the “Sponsor”), 350 Ellis St., Mountain View, California, 94043, U.S.A. The Contest begins on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 and ends on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 3:30:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
The Contest is open to conference pass holders forVMworld® 2011 conference in Las Vegas, Nevada (the “Conference”) (except for Conference vendors and Conference exhibitors), who are 18 years or older as of August 16, 2011 (“Participants”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses), and household members of Sponsor, VMworld ® 2011, VMware, Conference exhibitors, Conference vendors, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies, are not eligible. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
During the Contest Period, you can enter the Contest by posting
- Post a tweet using the hashtag #VMrockstar on Twitter telling us your virtualization hint, tip, trick, secret or best practice – whether that’s how to get the most out of virtualization, how to backup and recover a virtual environment or simply how to get the most out of VMworld.
- Be sure to include the hashtag #VMrockstar in your tweet to enter the Contest.
Enter as often as you wish during the Contest Period; however, each of your entries must:
- Be unique;
- Include #VMrockstar;
- Meet the Submission Requirements in Section 4 below; and
- Be submitted separately.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Your tweet (“Posted Entry”) must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified.
- Your Posted Entry must be a virtualization hint, tip, trick or best practice – whether that’s how to get the most out of virtualization, how to backup and recover a virtual environment or simply how to get the most out of VMworld.
- Your Posted Entry must be in English.
- Your Posted Entry must not violate any right of a third party including, but not limited to: copyright, trademark, any other intellectual property right, and right of publicity. Please do not include the name of any company or product produced by a manufacturer other than Symantec.
- Your Posted Entry must be original, unpublished, your sole property, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Your Posted Entry must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate: unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity; disparagement of any product or person; or other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate content.
- By submitting a Posted Entry you agree that Sponsor has the unrestricted right to use your Posted Entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, worldwide, including the right to publish and display the Posted Entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional review or compensation. Additionally you agree that Sponsor may post your Posted Entry (including your name) on its Web site(s) and/or its Web pages on third-party sites.
You agree that by submitting this Posted Entry, you relinquish all rights, as outlined herein, and the Posted Entry becomes the property of Sponsor.
5. WINNER SELECTION; PRIZES; MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
First Place: Selection of three (3) first place winners will be held by random drawing at the Symantec booth at VMworld 2011 Las Vegas at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 30, 2011, from among all eligible entries received prior to that time. You must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Each first place winner will be awarded a prize package with a total estimated retail value of $460.00 consisting of:
- Two (2) VIP tickets to see Linkin Park on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas (estimated retail value $300.00);
- Limousine transportation to and from The Venetian and Hard Rock Hotel (estimated retail value $100.00)
- Food and drinks (total value of no more than $50.00)
- Linkin Park souvenir gift (total value of no more than $10.00)
Second Place: Selection of five (5) second place winners will be held by random drawing at the Symantec booth at VMworld 2011 Las Vegas at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 31, 2011, from among all eligible entries received prior to that time. You must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Each second place winner will be awarded an Apple TV® with an estimated retail value of $99.00.
The total approximate value of all prizes awarded under the Contest is $1,875 USD. Limit one prize per person. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, or redeemable for cash. No prize substitution is allowed, except Sponsor may substitute the prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local taxes. Any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are Winner’s sole responsibility. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In order to be named a winner, each potential winner must verify his or her Twitter handle, and complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release indicating: (i) acceptance of, and agreement to abide by these Official Rules; (ii) agreement to waive any legal claims against and to release Sponsor, VMworld, VMware, and their respective promotional agencies, and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and shareholders from any and all liability, loss, or damage arising from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, or use of a prize awarded through the Contest, including, but not limited to, claims for product liability, personal injury, breach of contract, and negligence; (iii) confirmation that the potential winner meets and will abide by all eligibility requirements where applicable; and (iv) (optional and only where permitted by law) consent to the use of the potential winner’s name, image, likeness, and related personal information for use in publicity materials related to the Contest and/or Sponsor and Sponsor’s products and services. Failure to agree to the required portions of the affidavit of eligibility, waiver of liability, and where permitted by law, a publicity release, will constitute forfeiture of the prize, and a substitute winner may be selected.
Sponsor shall have no liability in the event that a potential winner is not present at the Symantec booth at VMworld 2011 Las Vegas at the drawing times indicated above, and in such case an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner, the affected entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used for the corresponding Posted Entry. A potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential Winner is the authorized holder of the associated Twitter handle. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize but these Official Rules will otherwise continue to govern the affected entry.
The Contest is governed by these Official Rules. By participating, Participants agree to these Official Rules, and understand that the Contest results are final in all respects.
Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local taxes. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws apply. Sponsor is not responsible for:
- lost, late, delayed misdirected, unintelligible, or incomplete entries;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR, VMWORLD, VMWARE, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, PROMOTION AND ADVERTISING AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR YOUR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES, PROPERTY DAMAGE, INVASION OF PRIVACY, AND MERCHANDISE DELIVERY.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a Participant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to California conflicts of law principles. All Participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue in Santa Clara County, California, U.S.A.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.