MS Windows 2012 server is currently supported with Netbackup 18.104.22.168. Please review the following information for certification info with MS Windows 2012.
NBU version 22.214.171.124
NBU 126.96.36.199 has just been released !
You can download it here : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204644
Specifically Here : www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204661
NB_188.8.131.52.winnt.x64.Client.Win2012.exe provides a full installer for NetBackup 184.108.40.206 Client on Windows 2012 Server and WIndows 8 Client.
Please review the 220.127.116.11 Release Notes for additional known issues, fixes, and other general information for this release.
Be sure to also review the 7.5 Late Breaking News - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178334
For OS cerification, be sure to review : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648 - NetBackup (tm) 7.x Operating System Compatibility List
NBU version 18.104.22.168
Please use the following link to obtain the 22.214.171.124 version that supports , MS Windows 2012 server .
You should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link for download. For any questions, please click on the "contact us now" button.
This 126.96.36.199 install has numerous limitations and this client package DOES NOT support the following functionality/capabilities of the NetBackup Windows client:
· System State Backup. Only file system backup will work properly. So data backup is a “yes”, but DR is a “no”.
·Granular backup of Active Directory is not supported with this package, however non-Granular Active Directory and full backup are supported.
· Restoring files backed up from an NTFS file system, to an ReFS file system, and vice versa is not supported.
· Agent support is not available with this package. For example, no SQL Server agent support.
· There is no BMR support with this package.
· There is no NBAC (VxAT/VxAZ) support with this package.
· No new Windows 8/2012 features are supported with this package. For example, no support for NTFS deduplication file system.
This package provides basic backup and restore functionality for file systems (NTFS and ReFS) only and can be used in NetBackup domains running NetBackup 188.8.131.52 and above
PLEASE NOTE : The same rules of patch levels between the Master / Media/ and clients still apply.
Please see : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29677 - Version Compatibility