Screencasts - Hilfsvideos
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backing up Exchange 2010 on a 32bit machine. Without GRT? Is it possible?

Created: 20 Nov. 2012 • Aktualisiert: 05 Feb. 2013 | 4 Kommentare
Dieses Problem wurde gelöst. Siehe Lösung.

I read on another forum post that if you turned off GRT you would be able to backup Exchange 2010 even on a 32bit Backup Exchange server.

However when i turn off GRT I still get the same error.. 

"This operation is not supported on 32-bit Backup Exec servers because Microsoft does not support 32-bit Exchange Management Tools for Exchange Server 2010. You must use a 64-bit Backup Exec server for this operation."

Ultimately I want to be able to use GRT however I already started a separate thread about this.

Until I figure out how to connect my 32bit server (which is the only means of connecting to my library) to another machine (such as a 64bit Virtual Machine on a server in the same rack) I would ike to be able to backup Exchange 2010 using the 32bit server.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you. 

Kommentare KommentareZum neuesten Kommentar

das Bild der nmatveeevs

Thank you for your reply.

Any ideas on the main problem? Not being able to connect to the library with anything other then the 32bit server. The server is on the network so if there was a way to "tunnel" or do a "pass through" we could install Backup Exec on a 64bit machine and backup to tape that way.

Again thank you. 

das Bild der pkhs

If you are going to intall BE on a 64-bit physical machine, why can't you connect the tape library to this machine?  Unless your tape library is ancient, the 64-bit machine should be able to support it.

das Bild der nmatveeevs

We have a problem with the SCSI cable. It is propritary to our library and very very short. The only server that has the right hardware to connect to it is that 32bit server which is not upgradable (poweredge 750).