ASDK 7.5 - Software package assignment tool
The ASDK in ITMS/CMS 7.5 has been extended with libraries to interact with Software Management Solution.
As an example I have written a tool to allow you to assign one or more software packages to one or more sites or to one or more site servers.
This tool has been written in Powershell and it has the requirements described below.
The following requirements need to be met when running the tool on a client workstation
- Rename the .txt at the end of the filename so the extension is .ps1
- ASDK libraries locally installed.
You require symantec_asdk_ns_com_x64.msi or symantec_asdk_ns_com_x86.msi.
You can find them in a subfolder of Symantec Installation Manager, below ...\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\
- Local administrator rights to access/activate the ASDK libraries
- Powershell executionpolicy must allow local script execution, eg. set executionpolicy to remotesigned
There are a couple of variables that you need to modify in the script before it is ready to use.
- Change the name of the Altiris server in the line $global:altirisserver = "vm-alt-ns01"
- If HTTPS is required modify the line $global:https = 1 and set it to value 1
When using HTTP set it to value 0
- Change the authentication parameters
- For single sign-on, using your already logged-on credentials.
Only modify the line $global:altirissso = 1 and set it to value 1
- For sign-on with credentials provided in the script
Modify the line $global:altirissso = 1 and set it to value 0
Modify the line $global:altirisdomain = "ALTIRIS" and set it to your Active Directory Domain
Modify the line $global:altirisuser = "Administrator" and set it to the AD account which has access to the Altiris Console
Modify the line $global:altirispass = "Altiris01" and set the password of the AD Account.