Close Processes in ServiceDesk & Workflow 7.5
This is a tool to assist you in closing orphaned tasks and processes in ServiceDesk & Workflow 7.5. It does not delete any entries from your database. This process will simply complete any active tasks and close the associated process. It properly handles closing Change, Incident, & Problem processes. It will also handle EM processes along with any default processes that are generated by Workflow. It does not work with custom projects that use custom tables for their data storage.
The project will allow you to search for the process by Title, Process ID, or Description. As searching the description field can be rather intensive a check box on the form is provided to enable or disable this functionality. You can select multiple processes at one time to improve efficiency.
The project has been designed to be published and added to your Service Catalog if so desired. You are required to be a member of the Administrators group however to run the project.
The project uses a custom Application Property to allow for defining specific result code entries that you wish to exclude from the search results. The application property file can be found in the Resource folder of the project. The file is called bulkclosure.pfl.
Note that the attached file is a .package file. If you browser changes the extension to .zip remember to change it back to .package to properly load it in Designer.
A 7.1 version of the project can be located in the article link below.
- Attached an updated version of the project that is designed for ServiceDesk 7.5 SP1.
- Updated the sql query in the integration component to use the default collation of the sql server when doing comparisons. This should eliminate the collation error experienced by one user when the Clean Process component runs.
- Removed the requirement to define the connection string for the project to function properly. The project now pulls the connection string information from the local.orm.
- Updated the closure process on EM tickets to update the status of any associated IM tickets. The associated IM tickets are created by how the updated Email Monitor process works in ServiceDesk 7.5 SP1.
- Addressed performance issue that was introduced in the logic for dealing with closed processes that didn't have any active tasks. This logic is now handled inside the sql code of the 'Find Processes' component, thus removing the extra memory requirements and processing needs.
- Addressed issue with Resolution SLA not being satisfied on IM processes.
- Created a new Application profile (BulkClosure) to enable the ability to exclude specific process result statuses (such as Closed, Completed, Success, etc.) from being included when searching for a process. The profile file can be found in the resource folder of the project & needs to be imported into the Application Properties page inside the portal before using the project.