Enterprise Vault Message Queue Monitor
Today I ran into following forum about monitoring for Enterprise vault Message queue via Powershell and this post is in regard to same i.e. sharing a script that will help you monitor enterprise vault MSMQ.
The output of script will look something like below:
- MonitorMSMQ.ps1: This is the main powershell script which will monitor MSMQ for all EV servers mentioned in the text file.
- EVServers.txt: Contains list of all EV servers that you wish to monitor using this script.
- MonitorMSMQ.bat: This file is created if you wish to create scheduled job or something. It basically calls out for powershell and the ps1 script.
- $MSMQFileName = "C:\HTML\EV_MSMQ.htm" - Locatio n of the HTML file
- $serverlist = "C:\TXT\EVServers.txt" – Location of the txt file
- $queuecountwarning = 100 – Count of messages in MSMQ that should generate warning message.
- $queuecountcritical = 200 – Count of messages in MSMQ that should generate critical alert.
- $queuesizewarning = 10 – Size of messages in MSMQ that should generate warning message. (in MB)
- $queuesizecritical = 20 – Size of messages in MSMQ that should generate crtical alert. (in MB)
- $smtphost = "10.0.0.1" - Relay server with anonymous authentication to Send email
- $from = OperationsManager@contoso.com - From address
- $to = Administrator@contoso.com - To address
- $subject = "PLEASE ACTION: Enterprise Vault MSMQ Monitor" - Subject line.
Note: If you're running Enterprise vault server on a Windows 2003 machine, you might have to install the WMI class manually first using Add/remote windows components wizard.
Hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you run into any issues with configuring same.