Java Runtime Environment 6 Layer Definition File
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization v6.1 SP1 or greater
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization Layer Definition Tool. Download.
- IMPORTANT: Java Runtime Installer must be downloaded from here and placed in a folder named "downloads" that resides in the same folder as the LDF. The SWVLDF.exe tool is unable to download this file automatically as the user is required to accept a license agreement before downloading.
The steps for creating the
Java Runtime Environment 6 Layer are very straight-forward.
1. Extract the download that accompanies this article to your desktop.
2. Download the Java Runtime Installer from here and save it to a folder named "downloads" that resides in the same folder as the LDF extracted in step #1.
3. Double-Click the .bat file. This will invoke swvldf.exe (Layer Definition Tool) with the proper parameters to create the
Java Runtime Environment 6 Layer.
Supported OS Platforms
Java Runtime Environment 6 Virtualized has been tested and validated to work on the following OS platforms:
|Windows XP SP3||X|
|Windows 7 32 bit||X|
|Windows 7 64 bit||X|
The LDF will download the following files:
7 Zip command line utility - this is required to expand the Java Runtime Environment 6 Installer
If the swvldf.exe tool is unable to download these files, click the above links and save the files to a directory named "downloads" in the same directory where the *.LDF file resides before running the .bat file.