Java Runtime Environment 7 Layer Definition File
Because Java 7 update LDFs that were provided here are known to have security issues they have been removed from this site. We will provide a new LDF in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization v6.1 SP1 or greater
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization Layer Definition Tool. Download.
The steps for creating the
Java Runtime Environment 7 Layer are very straight-forward.
1. Extract the download that accompanies this article to your desktop.
2. Download the Java Runtime Installer from here and save it to a folder named "downloads" that resides in the same folder as the LDF extracted in step #1.
3. Double-Click the .bat file. This will invoke swvldf.exe (Layer Definition Tool) with the proper parameters to create the
Java Runtime Environment 7 Layer.
Supported OS Platforms
Java Runtime Environment 7 Virtualized has been tested and validated to work on the following OS platforms:
|Windows XP SP3||X|
|Windows 7 32 bit||X|
|Windows 7 64 bit||X|
The LDF will download the following files:
7 Zip command line utility - this is required to expand the Java Runtime Environment 6 Installer
If the swvldf.exe tool is unable to download these files, click the above links and save the files to a directory named "downloads" in the same directory where the *.LDF file resides before running the .bat file.