NS EventQ Cleanup Script
Everyone has seen the "Bad" folders in NS Event queues and if not deleted they grow and grow, waste disk space and also decrease server performance.
Yes, you can manually delete them, but people tend to forget about them.
I created this script so that I don't have to repeat the same job over and over again and waste time, this script does it automatically for me.
How the script works:
- Detect if the "Bad" folder exists in eventqueue folders.
- If it does exist, then the script will delete the folder and all it's content and make a log entry (c:\EvtQBADlog.txt).
- If it doesn't exist, then nothing changes except an entry into the log file stating what has happened. Nothing, "file does not exist".
How to use the script:
- Download the attached .zip file and extract to the local drive on the server where you are going to run the script.
- Schedule a task, in Task Scheduler, a Microsoft tool.
- (Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Task Scheduler)
- Configure the schedule that best suits you, example: daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
Script will now run on the schedule configured and delete "Bad" folders for you, and record the changes in the log file.
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
|Support:||User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.|