Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics
"Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics" allows you to connect into a remotely Altiris Agent managed machine to view all the configurations and troubleshoot without having to RDP into the machine to look at the Agent UI.
“Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics” allows you to connect into a remotely Altiris Agent managed machine to view all the configurations and troubleshoot without having to logon or RDP into the machine to look at the Agent UI.
Download the attached application. Just enter the DNS name of the remote machine and hit Enter
- See all settings that the Agent UI shows, except remotely
- Connect to Altiris 6 and Altiris 7 Agents
- Run Configuration Request
- Send Basic Inventory
- Run a SWD Program
- Stop and Start Altiris service
- Delete Patch IAD file
- View NSI Inventory files
- Delete Inventory files (cleanbeforerun)
- Log Viewer with Filtering ability
- Start Patch Cycle
- Run Patch Inventory
- Run Patch Update
- Set Logging Levels
- View Task Manager
- Remote Execution
- View Package Server details
- View Client Policies
- Refresh Packages
- Resend Package Status
- Link to Resource Manager
- Link to Carbon Copy
- Link to Package Sources
- Install Altiris Agent if not present
- Reset Guid (use Remote Execute - option in INI)
- Redirect Agents
- Run the executable locally, not from a share
- Host and remote machine must be x86 Windows OS
- Use an Admin account - can use 'Run As' as described below
- Remote Registry service needs to be started on host and remote machine
- .NET 1.1 framework installed on host and remote machine
- Altiris Agent must be installed to run Altiris actions like Config Request, Send Basic Inventory, etc
- If Remote machine has a firewall then add AeXNSAgent.exe from your Agent install directory to the exclusion list
- If you have machines which are not on the domain and need to authenticate using a local admin account run this command line:
- runas /netonly /user:<IP>or<FQDN>\administrator "Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics.exe"
- This will prompt for the password of the local account "administrator" on the machine and then start the application
Ver. 1.0.14 - Add the ability to except command line. Now you can run "Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics.exe" ComputerName for this utility to automatically launch and connect to the ComputerName. Usage can be to add right-click menu to the NS Console.
Ver. 1.0.15 - Added 'Resend Package Status' and "Refresh Packages" functionality to the Tools menu for Package Servers.
Ver. 1.0.15 - Changed 'Remote Execution' to pull options from an INI file for easy distribution and repetition. Example INI in attached zip file.
Ver. 1.0.16 - Added 'Reboot Required' and "Patch Cycle In Progress" values to the Software Updates tab.
Ver. 1.0.17 - Software Update fixes
Ver. 1.0.18 - Added Task Manager functionality - list and End remote processes
Ver. 1.0.19 - Added Package Server tab
Ver. 1.0.20 - Fix bug in SWD 'Package ID' value and Task Manager 'Memory' column sort fix
Ver. 1.1.1 - Added ability to connect to remote machine managed by the NS 7 Altiris Agent and not just NS 6 Agent.
Ver. 1.1.2 - Fix bug in End Process function on Task Manager
Ver. 1.1.3 - Added ability to Enable or Disable Bandwidth throttling on Tools tab
- Added ability to Hide Superseded Software Updates
- Added ability to double-click Source Location path to open in browser or explorer on Package Server and SWD tabs
- Added Download History and Source Location info on Package Server tab
Ver. 1.1.4 - Decreased the Package Server tab load time
Ver. 1.1.5 - Added "Hide Disabled" checkbox to Package Server tab
Ver. 1.1.6 - Added ability to launch the client in NS's Resource Manager on the Tools tab
Ver. 1.1.7 - Added Start 'Patch Cycle' and 'Start Patch Inventory' on the Software Updates tab
- Fixed "Open Resource Manager" to note if using https or http protocol
- Fixed bulletin to show as 'Update Scheduled' rather than 'Package Downloaded'
- Updated UI to look like NS 7 - still works with NS 6 and NS 7 remotely managed machines
Ver. 1.1.8 - Fixed error in Software Updates tab where machine had the patch agent but no policy behind it.
Ver. 1.1.9 - Fixed error in Software Updates tab where machine does not have the patch agent
Ver. 1.1.10 - Fixed Remote Execution when launching RAAD from command line
Ver. 1.1.11 - Allow arrow up and down to iterate through log entries and client policies
Ver. 1.1.12 - Fixed output when patch is Not Applicable and Superseded
- Fixed sorting issue with Run History and Download History
Ver. 1.1.13 - Added ability to only load Tabs per Refresh on Connect for those clients over slower links
- Fixed fill on the 'Text' column on Logs tab when stretching application|
- Added Exclude as well as Include filters on Logs Tab
- Fixed grid background becoming black when it has no data on Vista OS
Ver. 1.1.14 - Added ability to recall last 25 computers RAAD connected to - stored in the INI file
- Added ability to run just one Patch Update on Software Updates tool
- Added ability to launch client in Carbon Copy on Tools menu
Ver. 1.2.0 - Added ability to push Agent installation if Agent is not detected. Use INI to add NSs to connect to - example in download.
Ver. 1.2.1 - Removed leading and trailing spaces if added to client name trying to connect to
Ver. 1.3.2 - Fixed Remote Execution to allow more than 10 entries
- Change Title bar to show Remote Machine name for easy Taskbar visibility
- Changed Transfer and Download Size to MBs instead of bytes on Download History
- Added Username & Password dialog for Remote Execute to use for authentication to remote machine
Ver. 1.3.3 - Allow Remote Execution to continue if receive 'Access Denied', but can't stop process if using a timeout. This is a .NET 1.1 bug.
- Added ability to Reset guid through Remote Execution - option in INI
Ver. 1.3.4 - Added Recovery Solution client policies to the Client Policies tab
- Added 'Next Request' for Configuration Request and 'Next Send' for Basic Inventory to Details tab
Ver. 1.3.5 - Added Task tab (only have Task History so far)
Ver. 1.3.6 - Added 'Copy' button to Software Updates tab to be able to paste into Excel
- Added Remote Execution option to add Altiris Agent to Firewall exception
- Fixed Double-click option to open source location on the Package Server tab
Ver. 1.3.7 - Added 'Redirect Agent' function to Tools tab. Uses INI for list of possible NSs.
Ver. 1.3.8 - Fixed issue with Agent Installer
Use this link for download: https://kb.altiris.com/article.asp?article=45023&p=1
By downloading this software, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris End User License Agreement
|Support:||User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.|