Software Virtualization Trinket v220.127.116.11 [updated]
The Software Virtualization Trinket allows users to activate, deactivate, or import new applications via the system tray. [See the Version History for a complete list of new features in this release.]
The Software Virtualization Trinket (heretofore known as "Trinket") is a utility that resides in the Windows system tray and allows users to perform a number of SVS tasks.
With Trinket, users can:
- Import new layers
- Globally deactivate all layers
- Activate, deactivate, reset, or delete individual layers
Follow these simple steps to install Trinket:
- Install the Software Virtualization Agent.
- Extract the Trinket.exe file from Trinket.zip.
- Copy Trinket.exe into the \Program Files\Altiris\Software Virtualization Agent\ folder.
- Make a shortcut of Trinket.exe and copy it into the \Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ folder.
- Restart your computer.
You can customize the display of Trinket menu options via registry settings. Set the following registry value by combining the values listed below to control which menu options will appear. For example, to display all of the layer options, you would set the value to 15.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Altiris\SVS : TrinketFlags (REG_DWORD)
|Active on Start (new)||16|
|Deactivate All (new)||256|
|Activate Active On Start (new)||512|
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
|Support:||User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.|
- Fix bug activating all 'Start Automatically' layers.
- Set no default menu item if not displaying the launch admin menu item.
- Only allow a single instance of Trinket to run.
- Allow suppression of reset/delete confirmation dialogs.
- Do not launch SVSAdmin with double-click when admin is set to not display.
- Updated to build with Vista development kits.
- Option to remove everything but About from display.
- Uses new SVS 2.1 Refresh suppression to avoid extra shell refreshes when activating or deactivating multiple layers.
- Added confirmation dialogs prior to deleting or resetting layers.
- Uses new SVS 2.1 icon.
- Option to not display the Exit command on the menu.
- Removed reset menu option for data layers.
- Added ability to Activate all 'Start Automatically' layers.
- Added ability to change 'Start Automatically' property for layers.
- Statically linking C runtime libraries to avoid missing _resetstkoflw export on Windows 2000.
- This version will update the SVSAdmin window after successfully completing an operation.
- Added about dialog box.
- Check user rights when displaying layer options.
- Windows Installer installation package.
- Added ability to sort layers alphabetically.
- Initialize Fsllib32.dll before calling APIs.
- Flags for ALL or SOME sublayers to show layer active.
- Added the abilty to launch SVSAdmin if it is installed.
- Added animated icon during import.
- Removed dependency on FslUI.dll.