SWV Clean Up Utility
Clear layer for unwanted registry entries, files/folders and add file extension's to exclude before compile.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, all both x86 and x64
Tested with SWV/SWS versions:
6.1 SP7 +
7.5 Beta 1 + (notice that 7.5 Release Preview already have file exclude included in the composer)
Included in the zip file:
How does it work:
SWV-CleanUp.exe reads the values in Cleanup.ini for which registry entries and files and folders to remove from the layer.
It also adds file extension's to the exclude based on the file extensions in the layer.
Cleanup.ini is self explaining.
How to use it:
Execute the executable and select the layer from the menu you want to clean
What does it require:
The program requires administrative rights to run.
Nothing else, it's created in AutoIt and do not have any dependencies.
--- 0.9.1 ---
- Added RemoveDirectory handle to remove folders, see cleanup.ini on how to use it.
- Changed displayed version in the command window to reflect the real version of the application.
--- 0.9 ---
- Remove registry entries
- Remove single files
- Cleanup a folder for files and folders (recursive)
- Add File Excludes to layer based on registry entries in the layer
- Controlled by Cleanup.ini
- Basic logging of what it's doing with the layer (located in %ProgramPath%\Logs\"Layername".log)
- Basic error handling
Feel free to comment on improvements and more cleanup areas (registry and files) to add.
Happy creation of virtual packages