Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud
- Designed specifically for SMB businesses
- Centrally managed security for desktops, laptops and file servers
- Automatic system security updates
- Simplified management - no dedicated IT staff or hardware needed
The demands on IT managers at small and medium size business are diverse and ever-growing. Trying to stay current of evolving security requirements and keeping your company desktops, laptops and servers secure is a time consuming challenge.
Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud helps to address this by offering a comprehensive cloud based security solution designed to meet the needs of small to medium businesses. Protecting your endpoint systems including desktops, laptops and file servers, with advanced technologies for antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and host intrusion prevention. Further more Endpoint Protection.cloud enables you to manage security requirements via a single Web-based console and does not require additional hardware or management software.
With Endpoint Protection.cloud, automatic security updates occur transparently over an Internet connection, enabling employee systems to stay current whether workers are in the office or on the road. The service leverages the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, one of the largest security research networks in the world, and benefits from the network’s rapid threat identification and response.
Simple to set up and easy to use, Endpoint Protection.cloud offers advanced security, lower maintenance costs, and predictable subscription fees that can reduce up front expenses.
How Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud works?
Endpoint Protection.cloud offers businesses a simple, cost-effective solution for endpoint security that does not require additional management software, hardware or dedicated IT resources.
Here is a short summary of how the service is set up and used:
- Log on to Web-based management console.
- Deploy agent to individual endpoints or silently push the solution to the network.
- Upon installation, the default policy is enabled for the agent to include Symantec’s standard antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and host intrusion prevention.
- After the install, agent proactively refreshes the latest security definitions and updates.
- Administrator can use management console to set custom policies and push to all endpoints in the network.
- Administrator can use management console for ongoing maintenance including deploying new endpoints, viewing status, managing remote clients.
Product Screenshots -
Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud: Home – Summary View
Administrators can manage their service from a single Web-based management console accessible via an Internet connection. The management console provides administrators with at-a-glance assessment of network protection levels. Administrators can use management settings to receive alerts via email or SMS.
Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud: Computers – Summary View
Endpoint Protection.cloud offers administrators simplified systems management. The service scales quickly and efficiently incorporate new endpoints and new systems can be added without requiring additional hardware or management software. The “Computers” tab summary view provides at a glance visibility of endpoint health and compliance.
Endpoint Protection.cloud: Computers– System Level Detail
Endpoint Protection.cloud offers administrators easy drill-down capabilities for detailed information on individual systems.
Endpoint Protection.cloud: Policies – Summary View
Endpoint Protection.cloud offers businesses pre-defined, configurable security policies. Upon installation of the agent, pre-configured policies for antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall, and host intrusion prevention are automatically applied to new users. Administrators may use management console to set custom policies and push to all endpoints or a group of endpoints in the network.
- Windows XP Home SP3+(32-bit)
- Windows XP ProfessionalSP3+ (32- & 64-bit)
- Microsoft Vista SP2 (32- & 64-bit)
- Windows 7(32- & 64-bit)
- Windows 2003 Standard SP2
- Windows 2003 Web SP2, Enterprise Server SP2, Datacenter SP2 (32- & 64-bit)
- Windows 2008 Server SP2, Enterprise Server SP2, Small Business Server SP2 (32- & 64-bit)
Browser (Management Console)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+
- Firefox 3.5+