Useful Performance Counters for Troubleshooting ITMS 7.x
I have attached two template XML files (created on Windows Server 2008 R2) that can be imported into Performance Monitor on either the SMP Server or the SQL Server, in order to help identify potential bottlenecks.
1. Right click "Data Collector Sets > User defined"
2. New > Data Collector Set - Give it a name
3. Create from a template (Recommended)
5. Browse - Find and open the relevant template XML file.
6. Next - Specify where you would like the data to be saved
7. Next - Specify the "Run as:" if required, and then choose to either open the data collector set, start collecting data, or to save & close.
You can also add and remove the counters to suit your environment or troubleshooting needs.