Windows to Mac Profile Migration
October 17, 2011
Initial Release v1.0
Written and Maintained by Steven Riley, TFE
NOTE: This is not an officially support Symantec product. Please go to www.symantec.com/connect and post questions related to this process there.
Deployment Solution: Windows to Mac Profile Migration Script Tool
About Windows to Mac Migration Tool
The Windows to Mac migration scripted tool provides a simple framework to start the process of moving users from a Windows environment to an Apple Mac. The concept is to capture the majority of the files that a user in a Windows environment uses and move them to their Apple machine. The user items that will be migrated are dependent on the version of Windows that they are running. The Symantec Management Platform is leveraged to run tasks on the Windows computers that need to be targeted. The scripts determine via a data file located on a file share which Apple computer to target for the data. This simplifies the migration of many computers and allows a simple “mass” migration path as needed. Further, once the framework has been put in place the entire process can be driven from the user console on the notification server.
NOTE: After installing the MSI you'll find documentation located under the Start Menu->TFE Symantec
- Documentation indicates that the files are installed under <Program Files>, this is only true for 32 Bit Machines, if you install onto a 64Bit machine it will be <Program Files(x86)>.
- This installation wizard will only lay day the files you need to run the scripts, no configuration of software is performed.
- You can use the installation wizard to point your installation at the file server you want to create your file share on.
- To uninstall the contents you can simply go to the add remove programs area.
- You can only install this onto Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 machines.
- The RAR file contains an MSI