Wise Installation Builder 7 - 64-bit Registry Script Actions
Attached is a zip file that contains several user defined script actions to perform various registry functions in either the 32-bit (WOW6432Node) or 64-bit registries on 64-bit Windows.
The three user defined actions below are plug-in replacements for the built-in script actions, but add the ability to access the 64-bit registry. They do this by using VBScript and WMI calls. Note that the dialog lacks the nice tree style regkey selector of the built-in actions, and can only address a single key/value.
- UDA Get Registry key.wse retrieves a registry key from the 32-bit (WOW) or 64-bit registry.
- UDA Edit Registry key.wse modifies a registry key in the 32-bit (WOW) 64-bit registry.
- UDA Enumerate Registry Key.wse enumerates the subkeys of the given key in the 32-bit (WOW) or 64-bit registry.
The following scripts build upon the scripts above to perform some AutoCAD specific registry functions.
- UDA Enumerate Acads.wse enumerates all flavors of the selected version of AutoCAD. For example if you want to enumerate all flavors of AutoCAD version 2008 installed on a machine, it will find, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, and AutoCAD Civil 3D, if they are installed.
- UDA Enumerate Acads1.wse is the same as above except that it allows you to select multiple versions of AutoCAD to enumerate.
- UDA Enumerate AutoCAD Profiles.wse finds all the user profiles for a given AutoCAD.
I hope these prove useful to others.