Ayuda de vídeo de Screencast
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

How to take backup oracle vm individual machine(Linux) using backexe 2012 ?

Created: 03 Abril 2013 • Updated: 09 Junio 2013 | 1 comentario
Se ha solucionado este problema. Vea la solución.

Hi,

I need to know how to take backup of my oracle vm environment.I need to take each individula machine's OS (Linux).The Oracle VM is in the Another site and my Backup exec is in another site which is connected by fiber optic cables .Need some help to setup.

Operating Systems:

Comentarios 1 CommentIr al último comentario

el cuadro de los pkh

1) Make sure that the variant of Linux that you are using is supported.  See the SCL below

BE 2012 SCL

2) Purchase and install an Agent for Applications and Databases licence on your media server

If you want to backup the VM as a VM, then you got to buy a Hyper-V or VMware licence for the host and install it on the media server.  You then add the host to BE.  Note that there is no GRT support for either Linux or Oracle, so if you backup the VM as a VM then your got to restore the entire VM during recovery.

If you want to backup the VM as a physical machine, purchase and install a RALUS licence on the media server.  Install the RALUS on the VM and create your backup jobs for Linux and Oracle.

SOLUCIÓN