Ayuda de vídeo de Screencast
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

MS Exchange 2007 Information Store disappeared from BE 12.5 resources

Created: 08 Enero 2014 | 7 comments

Around mid-December my exchange jobs started failing due to an error stating "logical volume cannot be found".  To my surprise the information store resource was gone.  I am running BE 12.5 on Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2007 on Server 2008.  I have tried the below actions to resolve this issue but the information store will not show up in the resource selection menu.  All other backup resource servers (i.e. file, web, print, SQL, etc..) are all available and jobs are completing successfully.  All exchange server resources other than the information stores are visible in the selections list.  Any help is much appreciated.

- Verified no Windows updates cooresponded with date backups started to fail

- Installed BE Hotfixes, uninstalled agent on Exch server and re-pushed agent (restarted services)

- Verified BE MS Exchange license is still installed and configured

- Ensured Exchange 2007 Mgmt Tools was installed on BE server

- Ensured lastest version on ExchangeMapiCdo was installed in Exch server

- Ensured BE service account has admin permissions on both servers

- Ensured Information stores are mounted and online

- Ensured Windows Updates are current

- Restarted both servers many times

Operating Systems:

Comentarios ComentariosIr al último comentario

el cuadro de los ZeRoC00L

Just checked the SCL, but BE 12,5 (media server) is not supported on Windows 2008R2.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

el cuadro de los pkh

If an unsupported configuration is working, then you are lucky, but there is no guarantee that such a configuration will work forever.  Being an unsupported configuration, you  cannot log a support case with Symantec to take a look at the problem.

Do consider upgrading to either BE 2010 R2 SP3 or BE 2012 SP3.  If you are on a current maintenance contract, the upgrade is free and you can do a direct upgrade to these versions from BE 12.5.  Your current set of licence keys will not work with these newer versions.

Maybe you did install a patch or hotfix ? Or an Exchange update ?

But as PHK said, an unsupported configuration may work, but no guarantee, and you cannot call Symantec for help.

el cuadro de los nciapoggio

We are planning an upgrade but its currently not in the budget.  How can I verify if we are on a current "maintenance contract"?

el cuadro de los CraigV

...you have to contact the Symantec licensing department directly (or go through a reseller). They will be able to let you know what your contract status is.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

Do you pay a yearly fee to Symantec (or through a reseller) then yes, you can upgrade to a newer version.