NetBackup 7.6 Workshop
Many organisations invest in robust, complex Data Protection solutions but never realise the full financial benefits. Moreover, technology not deployed in its most optimal configuration can pose a business risk due to unplanned outages or extended recovery times. In this focused NetBackup 7.6 workshop Data Continuity Group and Symantec can provide the expertise to mitigate these potential risks and maximise ROI.
By attending this event you will:
- Identify ways to significantly improve operations and deliver real cost efficiencies into your NetBackup environment
- Benefit from expert knowledge transfer and best practice recommendations
- Identify and rectify potential backup, recovery and storage threats with a minimal investment of time
- Identify key decision criteria for upgrades or migrations
- Gather actionable information that can improve your Infrastructure’s operational efficiency
- Welcome and introduction
- 7.6 release of NetBackup and Purpose Built Backup Appliances
In this session Symantec focus on what’s in NetBackup 7.6 and provide an overview of NetBackup Appliances
- NBU 7.6 features and benefits
- NBU 5230 appliances
- Preview of the upcoming Enterprise Vault 11 including:
- Enterprise Vault Search
- Mail Connect
- PST Migration Enhancements
- Deployment of snapshots for data protection alongside traditional backup
- The combination of NetBackup with NetApp snapshots provides an integrated disk-based data protection and recovery solution for mission-critical applications and data.
- Eliminate the risk of managing storage and data in remote and high risk locations
- Managing data, including backup and availability, in far-flung locations can present many logistical and technological challenges that bring complexity, expense, and risk. Riverbed will discuss a new architectural approach that allows organisations to project virtual servers and data to the edge, providing for local access and performance while storing the data in centralised data centres. Enterprises can now avoid the need to provision and maintain servers and backup software in remote locations, and bring the important data into the Enterprise-class solutions in the datacentre.
- How tape libraries support core/edge infrastructure
- 80% of organisations still use tape for long-term data storage and archiving. Faced with massive data growth Companies need to store their data for longer periods of time whether for compliance reasons or because the data continues to have value. Quantum discusses why tape is still the best solution for cost-effective, reliable, scalable and easy-to-manage storage
- How to implement, manage and support a NetBackup and multi-vendor environment
- Data Continuity Group (DCG) discusses why its vendor independent approach, experience and expertise enables them to understand the products and services being offered by technology innovators like Symantec, NetApp, Riverbed, Quantum and many others.
- DCG substantiates its experienced in integrating, implementing, supporting and managing multi-vendor environments by presenting two customer case studies.
To Register for this workshop go to http://www.dcggroup.com/events or for more information call Jaci Hale on 0845 226 8173
This workshop will also be help in Haslingden (nr. Manchester) on the 22nd January. Register at http://www.dcggroup.com/events