Phoenix Endpoint Management User Group Meeting - May 10
Date: May 10
Time: 10-1 p.m.
Arizona Supreme Court
1501 W Washington St
Phoenix, Az 85007
- Surface parking off of Jefferson St and 15th ave (Jefferson is one way EB, Washington is one way WB)
- Parking across Jefferson at Dept of Education or West of the court at Wesley Bolin Plaza
- There will be a security screening, on the second floor, as you come in from the South side
- Conference Room 230 is right off the second floor lobby
- Welcome & Introductions
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 (Benjamin Fuller)
- Symantec Mobile Management (Robb Leatherwood, Intuitive)
- Lunch & Networking
- Prize Drawings & Conclusion
Symantec User Group Meeting Notes
May 10, 2013
- Introductions (Ben Fuller)
- Quick intros through the room
- Specifics of what user’s would like to get out of today’s meeting
- New changes up and coming
- Altiris & SEP integration?
- SEP End Point Protection Manager (12.0)
- White listing vs/ black listing potential threats
- VM scan is much faster vs/ previous version (11)
- Importing from AD: run through on how to set up groups
Group set up by device type vs/ location specific
Location specific- application settings
- VIE.exe tool works with Citrix and other environments
- Live Update
Settings:specifics, such as setting time restraints and options
- SMP Integration
- Migrate jobs: works with most anti virus (McAfee, Kasperski etc…) to create a job to install
Setting overview:specifics such as IP range, location etc.
- Protection Center
- **not looking to integrate with Altiris.
- Mobility/ Mobile Information Management (Rob)
- User Centric Management
- Securing data along with the device
- App Center
- Support for most popular OS: iOS, Android, BB
- Application Center
- You may license with the suite by user not by device (user’s may then have multiple devices)
- Ability to upload apps, publish new and search outside of the store provided.
- You may add security in the App policy form, ex: user authentication or to auto destroy within XXX time period in in-activity; this would be helpful in a BYOD situation where an employee leaves, diff security levels per app, including required encryption.
- Content Policy: similar controls