Virtualization Security - Managing IT Risk in Converged Infrastructures
As organizations extend critical systems across physical and virtual infrastructures, protection must extend to these virtualized servers. Because virtualization adds layers of technology, it introduces a new level of complexity for information security teams. Identifying, managing and communicating IT risks becomes more urgent and more challenging. The number of tools to manage the converged infrastructure can increase exponentially. Responsibility for this complex infrastructure often spans multiple teams, compounding the security and compliance issues. Control Compliance Suite Virtualization Security Manager* will address these challenges, allowing security teams to confidently take advantage of the benefits of virtualization without worrying about degrading security or compliance posture. The new control features will improve overall security posture, and reduce the risk of unplanned changes or malware infecting virtual environments.
Join this webcast to learn how to:
- Secure your virtual assets against internal and external threats
- Improve risk posture by actively managing privileged accounts and access rights
- Reduce compliance scope by effectively isolating impacted virtual systems
- Avoid downtime risk and identify unplanned changes with regular configuration assessments
* Control Compliance Suite Virtualization Security Manager is expected to be available in the second half of 2012.
Disclaimer: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.