Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup

Created: 05 Jul 2011 | 1 comment

Hi All,

I need help here! It has been a week since I got a good backup out of this machine, what a nighmare. I solve one problem only to get hit with a new one.

The latest problem is:

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Backup- \\server\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group 
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-546 The log file sector size does not match the sector size of the current volumn. '

Backup- \\server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-546 The log file sector size does not match the sector size of the current volumn. '

I have tried all the solution on the web, they dont work.

Its w windows 2008 SBS with SBE 12.5 with the latest patches and updates.

Any help would be greatly appreicated!

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Wendego's picture

I learned the issue is caued due to difference between the block size on my new 3TB external disk which stands on 4096 and the block size of the exchange server disk which is 512. I was told I should move the Temp folders for the backup and exchange to the new external disk but that didnt help. 

Surely someone else ran into this issue before?! Does anyone know anything about this? Will Tech support be nice enough to respond to this? 

Thanks.