Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup.

Created: 09 May 2012 • Updated: 09 May 2012 | 5 comments

I have recently installed backup exec 2012 and I am getting the following error message which is causing the exchange backup to fail.

Job ended: 08 May 2012 at 20:09:31
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\#exchangeservername#\Microsoft Information Store\RegionsV-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure.  This can be caused by low memory or disk resources.

I have checked the server and there are plenty of resources and space available on the server. Also does TECH128187 apply to 2012 also as it is currently not listed under the supported products for this issue.

Thanks.

R

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

The HF mentioned in that KB does not apply, but you can apply the registry setting as outlined in the article...

YodaMaster's picture

i'm getting the exact same error.

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\#exchangeservername#\Microsoft Information Store\RegionsV-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure.  This can be caused by low memory or disk resources.

i have the latest updates and the strange thing is that something it will run just fine... but lately is being failing more often.  I backup several database and it only fails on one specific database.  however when i back that database by itself it runs fine.  I don't want to end up backing up every single database by itself.  Anything i can try to have the whole run job successfully.

Carlos_Quiroga's picture

This error is solved many times by just creating a new job.

If that doesn't work let us know in order to give you other solutions.

YodaMaster's picture

Although this job was created about a month ago, so soon to start having problem...  Anyhow,  I will create a new job.