0xe000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.
Server 1 - Media Server
- OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard x64
- Backup Exec v12.5 rev. 2213
Server 2 - Remote Server
- OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64
- RAWS v12.5.2213
Anytime a backup of the remote server is run, it fails with the following error message: 0xe000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.
What I Have Done To Troubleshoot This Problem:
- I have verified that the volume shadow copy service (VSS) on both servers is enabled.
- I ran the command "vssadmin list writers" on both servers and all writers that were returned are in a stable state with no errors.
- I have verified that all partitions on both servers have been assigned a unique drive letter.
- I have rebooted the remote server, but it did not resolve the problem.
Assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.