Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  100% CPU Usage

Posted Jul 23, 2009 11:32 AM
    I have a few processes that are spiking WAY out of control and its bringing my server to a crawl....

LUCOMS~1.EXE - This runs every 20 minutes when it shouldnt.  All the policys are set to update clients at 9am.  The LUA is set to DL updates at 1am and distribute them at 2am.
    LUCALLBACKPROZY.EXE - Same as above
    SEMSVC.EXE - Spikes from 16-100 often
    Tomcat5 - Spikes 16-100 often

Any idea how to fix this?  Its really REALLY annoying.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 100% CPU Usage

Posted Jul 24, 2009 02:14 AM
    Hello Tech,

When microdefinitions are being built, maximized the amount of CPU usage that is being utilized at 50%. Users can change this figure by adding/changing the scm.delta.cpu.usage parameter in the conf.properties file to a decimal number between 0 and 1, where 1 represents 100% usage and 0.5 represents 50% usage.

Ref:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007121216360648

Hope this helps.

if the above does not work

check your quarentine folder coz when defs arive it would try to scan this folder and CPU might go high

good day

Rafeeq

• 3.  RE: 100% CPU Usage

Posted Jul 24, 2009 01:32 PM
    what version of SEP are you at??

• 4.  RE: 100% CPU Usage

Posted Jul 24, 2009 02:41 PM

I would agree with the last entry regarding what version of SEP you are using. There are many reasons that can cause the cpu to spike to 100%. Some of them have been resolved by upgrading to the latest build, so in order to rule this out, it would be helpful to know the current build that you are running.

• 5.  RE: 100% CPU Usage

Posted Jul 26, 2009 10:12 AM
    what are you running on the server? did you go through the a centralized excpetions policy? You may need to set exceptions for very large files such as a 10gb of SQL mdb file. It's said that SEP can handle and ignore these files but we need to know what's on the server.