Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  11.1.0 Server asking for OTP key on Agent reinstall?

Posted Dec 14, 2015 05:23 PM

I just updated my 11.0.1 server to 11.1.0 and that went smoothly. Then I ran 'SEE Management Agent x64.msi' on the server to update the agent, but accidentally selected TLS from client side and needed to run the installer again.

This time it uninstalled the Management Agent. Rebooted and attempted to reinstall the agent. Now my SQL settings are grayed out with no server listed, and the page after that asks if I want to create a new OTP Key or reuse an old one. Reuse asks for '2GEOTPKeysBackup.reg' which I'm fairly certain I don't have. New wants me to create a new Management Password.

I have the Management Agent installed on a workstation and that one updated the Management Agent and every add-on management/installer creator feature. It seems to be fully functional 11.1.0 Server Management.

Can I export an OTP key from the workstation to use on the server? Or is there a way to get my installer working right on the server without that?

Attached screenshots of what I'm seeing on the server side.

• 2.  RE: 11.1.0 Server asking for OTP key on Agent reinstall?

Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:55 AM

The management console was able to be installed anywhere but the SEEMSDb + SEEMS. I disabled the encrypted communication requirement on the SQL server and cycled the SQL service and tried again. This fixed it - the SQL server options were no longer grayed out and and it did not ask me for a OTP key at the next step. This is odd because there are several other SQL instances on my network which do not require encrypted communication which for all the installer knows could have hosted the SEEMSDb.

For the sake of testing I re-enabled encrypted SQL communications and recycled the SQL service at the step immediately after choosing the DB server so before the installation began encryption was required to talk to the SQL server (its self). The installation proceeded without issue.

Installer bug?