Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  11.6 Enforce Server Disk Drive Replacement

Posted Dec 05, 2013 01:52 PM

The disk drive containing the Enforce server installation files and the database is going to be replaced with a new drive.

The server is not being replaced.  It will be the same server witha new disk drive.

How can we move the files to a new disk? The new disk is already installed along side the existing disk. My plan was to fully stop DLP, do a full backup of the contents of the old disk and then restore it to the replacement disk and then move the original drive letter to the new disk and then restart the services and database.

Should this work?  If so, how to I stop all the DLP services and the database so that no files are in use during the file backup?

Is there a better way to do this move to a new disk on the same server?

• 2.  RE: 11.6 Enforce Server Disk Drive Replacement

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 06, 2013 02:28 AM

hi,

for enforce no issue, it is a tomcat application so if you keep same directory structure and drive letters, everything will works fine. to stop it, just stop vontu windows services.

for DB, could be more tricky and i think you should get advice from your DB administrators, but it should work. For one of my customer recovery plan, we put in place a daily DB copy to backup server and it works fine.

regards

• 3.  RE: 11.6 Enforce Server Disk Drive Replacement

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 01:30 PM

NetUser,

Moving the DLP application will be fine as well as the DB.

Just make sure to stop all Vontu Services (Start with Vontu) and all of the DB services (start with Oracle or the DB name).

Then you should be able to copy ALL of the files to the new drive and then change the drive letters when done.

I would remove the OLD drive when done copying the files and then reboot..

Hope this makes sense.

If this solves your questions please marked as solved.

Ronak