Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  11.71 TruScan Issue (worked fine with all other 11.x versions)

Posted Mar 22, 2012 11:53 AM

Proactive threat scan detects a process, it gets detected on the managed client and a log is created. The management console does not seem to receive the event, and the process does not appear in the detect process list.

We had a very simple process using versions: 11.61, 11.62, 11.63, 11.70 - to add a TruScan Proactive Threat Scan Exception all we had to do is wait until the managed client detected it, then go in the console find it under "Detected Processes" and add the exception.

However now the detected process never shows up in the list. The only way I can add a new detected process now is monitor logs, add process to centralized exceptions policy, and add it this way. However, we do not use centralized exceptions so this is not helpful.

Any help would be appreciated,

Scott

• 2.  RE: 11.71 TruScan Issue (worked fine with all other 11.x versions)

Posted Mar 22, 2012 01:13 PM

This is what centralized exceptions are for. Not sure of why you are not using them. They are very useful in making SEP behave with other software.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

• 3.  RE: 11.71 TruScan Issue (worked fine with all other 11.x versions)

Posted Mar 22, 2012 02:33 PM

We have many different groups of computers, each with different needs...that is why we use non shared policies. I believe we have either a bug with the new version, or possibly corrupt database since the feature is not working the way it used to. Hopefully someone has had a similar experience and a possible solution.

Thanks,

Scott