Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  12.1 Blocking HIS 2010 on VMview clients

Posted Aug 10, 2011 09:28 PM

I am in the process of setting up our vmware view environment and i have run into a snag that i cant seem to figure out.

I have managed version 12.1 clients installed on windows 7 64bit VM view clones.  Everything has been working perfectly until we noticed that our 3270 2010 host integration clients will not connect.

The wierd part is if we use HIS 2000 then there isnt a problem or if we use this same image on a physical machine we dont have a problem either.  This is being effect by managed and unmanaged installs.  We only figured out it was endpoint after we determined that if you unistall it from the image everything works fine.  I have tried putting in special rules on the firewall with no results. 

The only error i get is SNAbase.exe failed to start. 

I have check event logs and all logs within endpoint and nothing shows it being blocked.  All policies are default other than turning off some scheduled scans.

I really am stumped and these forums have never let me down in tough situations so I am up for any ideas that are offered.  Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: 12.1 Blocking HIS 2010 on VMview clients

Posted Aug 10, 2011 11:49 PM

NTP instaled

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Network Threat Protection may disable the host's network connection on a Hyper-V manager

• 3.  RE: 12.1 Blocking HIS 2010 on VMview clients
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2011 09:31 AM

After doing some trial and error this morning with removing features from the install i found that the application and device control feature was the culprit.

You could disable the feature, take off all polices and HIS still would not connect.  I remove just the application portion of the install (leaving sonar) and HIS is now connecting like it should. 

Rafeeq thanks for the idea.