Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 24, 2013 09:42 AM

Hello, my name is Tigran. I am testing Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.3 in my test environment. I have already installed Endpoint management on Windows Server 2012. I have 2 computers, one virtual and second physical both windows 7 pro. I am trying install client by remote push method. On physical machine I installed client without problems, on virtual I am having problems. In client deployment wizard I receive that server is send the package to destination and operation was complete successful. I download and install symantec help tool on virtual machine and in report I see green checkmark regarding to remote installation. I opened 139 and 445 ports, I enabled Remote registry service, I turned off UAC. I cant find any information about symantec in TEMP folder, no SEP_Install.log file, nothing... I cant understand, what causes the problem? I read all symantecs guides regarding client deployment and do all suggestions.

Please help figure out the problem.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 24, 2013 09:49 AM

Have you checked these steps as well:

Preparing Windows operating systems for remote deployment

Article:HOWTO80805  |  Created: 2012-10-24  |  Updated: 2013-08-20  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80805

To push the client software to computers, you should use a domain administrator account if the client computer is part of an Active Directory domain. Remote deployment also requires administrator privileges to install.

Perform the following tasks:

• Disable the Sharing Wizard.

• Enable network discovery by using the Network and Sharing Center.

• Enable the built-in administrator account and assign a password to the account.

• Verify that the account has administrator privileges.

• 3.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 24, 2013 09:31 PM

if it has pushed the package it will have created a folder named clt-inst.

log file will be under temp or windows\temp folder

• 4.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 24, 2013 11:09 PM

Have you check the event logs?

Push the package again and search sep_inst.log. If not found thrn check the event log of same time.

• 5.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 26, 2013 03:19 AM

The only problem that i found is network discovery. When I turn on discovery and apply it, afterwards I see that network discovery again turned off. I enable 2 services ssdp discovery and upnp device host. Now nd turned on. But still no success. May be there are other services that should be turned on,except remote registry?

I found the folder clt-inst folder in c:\temp with only vpremote.exe. file.

In event log on client side I found one error

• The VPRemote Install Bootstrap Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not functional properly

Afterward 2 information logs.

• The VPRemote install bootstrap Service service entered the running state
    • The VPRemote install bootstrap Service service entered the stopped state

• 6.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 26, 2013 03:44 AM

Hi,

Please check the windows Firewall services, Start Or stop 

If it is start than stop it & Try again.

• 7.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method

Posted Aug 26, 2013 03:53 AM

it was started, I stoped it and tryed again. Still no resoults...

• 8.  RE: 12.1 Client deployment wizard, push method