Video Screencast Help

12.1.4 slowness

Created: 07 Mar 2014 | 8 comments

After reading through a few forums it seems like there is slowness with the 12.1.4 upgrade.  What i have noticed since upgrading is that i am having much worse success rates when pushing the new client from the SEPM console.  With 12.1.3 i would average 90% successful installs (i am currently upgrading our 4000 + clients from SEP 11 to 12...about 30% complete)....now i am lucky to get 75% success rates when pushing the client.  Anyone else having this issue??

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

seems to be a common theme with 12.1.4 from what I see. you may want to contact support

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

thedietz's picture

I can contact them but are they doing anything or just saying this is a known issue?  You think this would have been tested before encouraging all their customers to upgrade.

thedietz's picture

Brian i saw in another forum that you experienced this with an older version of SEP and had to contact support.  Did they give you a solution or did you have to wait for the next version to come out?

.Brian's picture

Yep, I caught this immediately with 12.1 RU2 MP1, it was the firewall. I had to rollback to 12.1 RU2 and it was fixed in RU3.

As for RU4, I'm holding off on the upgrade. I've seen too many issues so far relating large upticks in network traffic, etc. I don't have the time right now to call support so I'm just sticking with RU3 as it's working fine for me :)

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

ThaveshinP's picture

Thanks Brian,we are also holding off on RU4 as I see I am also not the only one with slowness issues, but high traffic as well. RU3 is the most stable.

ABN's picture

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to add.

SMC is crashing frequently with 12 RU4. I had contacted Support and they have informed that it will be fixed with 12 RU4 MP1. Expected to be released in the First Quater of March.

ABN

ThaveshinP's picture

Dont think they fixed it as I had the 12 RU4 MP1 installed and the SMC crashed several times .

cable mite's picture

We just completed our rollout of 12.1.4013 (with additional NAC component) and had an almost zero failure rate. yes

We did see an abnormal increase in traffic to the SEPM boxes but that seems to have settled down.

The only endpoints that we have not upgraded are legacy OS systems or servers where downtime is not available till a later date.

From what I'm reading here it seems that my experience with this release is the exception :(

------------------------------------------------------------
MR99 will fix it all.