Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

• 1.  2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 09:44 AM

I can’t seem to get the endpoint manager to run correctly on a 2008 r2 server.

The Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly.

I’ve gone through the following fixes from Symantec with no change:

Using the latest version downloaded from Symantec

Uninstall / Reinstall / Repair Install.

Verified the OBCD settings and did test connect.

Disabled enhanced security on IE8

Set IIS security settings

Installed 32 and 64 bit java

Run the Sep Support Tool – It shows that everything is OK except a warning that SQL is not installed. I’m using embedded database so I don’t need SQL.

Rebooted the server and restarted IIS many times.

• 2.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 11:26 AM

Did you install it locall or using remote console..

try this

Open IE9 to any page.  Click on Tools--> Compatiblilty Settings.  Enter the IP address of the SEP server in Compatibilty View Settings "ADD THIS WEBSITE"   and click ADD.

• 3.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 11:43 AM

Logon as local administrator and give full permissions to the folder :\program files x86\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager, to administrators group.

• 4.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 11:51 AM

Try look at this document, especially for the part that speak about php:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104777&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1309276155655

Reply if not function, but if you follow all part of this document I'm pretty shure that function.

• 5.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 01:25 PM

Hi ,

There are multiple solutions for this issue.

1. Add the Endpoint Protection Manager's website to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer. (Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites)

2. Set Custom Level on the Security tab for Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options and enable these settings
    Enable the following settings when using Internet Explorer 6:

• Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe.
    • Under Miscellaneous: Submit nonencrypted form data.
    • Under Miscellaneous: User data persistence.
    • Under Scripting: Active scripting.

Enable the following settings when using Internet Explorer 7:

• Under Miscellaneous: Submit non-encrypted form data.
    • Under Scripting: Active Scripting.
    • Under Scripting: Allow status bar updates via script.

• 6.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 01:27 PM

For Windows Server 2008:

You can disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration from within the Server Manager:
        1. Open the Server Manager
        2. Highlight Server Manager in the left-pane at the top
        3. In the right-pane, under Security Information, click Configure IE ESC
        4. Turn the Administrators & Users options Off
        5. Click OK

• 7.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 03:42 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I did the install locally but all the repairs and configuration has been done remotely.

I tried all the IE changes with no success.

My next plan of action is to go on-site and try the php fix, with a backup plan of complete manual SEPM uninstall / reinstall.

Today I through together a lab server with same 2008 R2 and endpoint that I used on-site.

Everything worked perfectly on the lab server. 

-Tom

• 8.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly

Posted Jun 28, 2011 04:10 PM

Try this too,this will tell  you the error , 

How to enable error logging to troubleshoot PHP issues in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103687&key=54619&actp=LIST

sometimes if you install it via console session it works...on the console session try the repair..

• 9.  RE: 2008 r2 Server - SEPM - Home, Monitors, and Reports pages are missing data and don’t function properly
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2011 10:55 AM

For those that are curious I finally was able to get this SEPM installation working.

It took a trip onsite to scrub all references to Symantec off the server and then a fresh install.

I then used sylinkreplacer to attach the clients to the new server.

Thanks for the ideas to try.

-T Spaulding