Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

2008 server error- Error While Connecting to Data Source

Created: 27 Jun 2013 • Updated: 01 Jul 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Symantec SIM 2008 Error.jpgHi guys,

I have made a query(testing a server) in which I am testing specific 2008 servr for getting security events.

product: Windows vista 2008

sensor: "..............".

cant get any securty allerts

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

antilles's picture

Hi,

Which version of SSIM are you using?
If 4.8 then you should use WS-Management 5.0 event collector instead of old Vista 4.4.

Have you done Live Update before configuring the sensor?
Have you configured WinRM Listener properly?
If yes, then make sure that network traffic to the listener port is allowed on your windows machine.

Regards

pro91's picture

Thank you very much for the quick response antilles.

I use the 4.7.4 SSIM version.

Tried live update, WinRM and Kerberos are configured open. WinRM was configured properly with the competible scripts onto the server, my windows machine answers netstat 5985( HTTP). All has been checkes several times at the FW.

I must add that other sensors( windows 2008 servers) are sending security alerts properly( I have 3 differnt environments). Now, I had some similar errors in which my sensor was nor sending alerts but It all venished by solving some of the followings: (WinRM/ Kerberos/ recheking the passwd, Live update).

This specific    "Java.lang.pointer.exeption" error I get from this sensor is the F*** problem.

Thnaks so much again, hope I didnt confused u.

pro91's picture

Thank you very much for the quick response antilles.

I use the 4.7.4 SSIM version.

Tried live update, WinRM and Kerberos are configured open. WinRM was configured properly with the competible scripts onto the server, my windows machine answers netstat 5985( HTTP). All has been checkes several times at the FW.

I must add that other sensors( windows 2008 servers) are sending security alerts properly( I have 3 differnt environments). Now, I had some similar errors in which my sensor was nor sending alerts but It all venished by solving some of the followings: (WinRM/ Kerberos/ recheking the passwd, Live update).

This specific    "Java.lang.pointer.exeption" error I get from this sensor is the F*** problem.

Thnaks so much again, hope I didnt confused u.

SOLUTION
VSK's picture

It would be helpful if you could please let us know how did you resolve this. thanks.

-VSK