Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  421 4.4.0 [internal] no MXs for this domain could be reached at this time

Posted May 15, 2010 02:25 PM
    Symanted BG is running V. 9.0.0-20

I have followed the steps in this link: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/docid/2009032512563954

I
     can telnet from the server. I can use NSLookup and resolve on the SBG. ; However!  Sending to two separate domains. one is .edu the other is .org. I am getting the no MX's for this domain could be reached at this time. It has been like this for over a week, specifically for those two domains.

I am able to make a telnet session to both the .edu and the .org domains so I know that it works.  The ONLY changes made were an upgrade as was suggested. This happened while it was on V8.x and now that it is on V.9x

. Something in SBG is whacky!. Help....

• 2.  RE: 421 4.4.0 [internal] no MXs for this domain could be reached at this time

Posted May 16, 2010 09:57 AM
    SGB was NOT wacky; we had some static routes that were put in  a firewall, that usurped two whole ip subnets.  Issue solved.

• 3.  RE: 421 4.4.0 [internal] no MXs for this domain could be reached at this time

Posted May 17, 2010 08:04 AM

Glad to see this is sorted and thanks for posting your findings and result.

Kevin

• 4.  RE: 421 4.4.0 [internal] no MXs for this domain could be reached at this time

Posted May 17, 2010 08:06 AM

Actually you should be able to edit your post to say the issue is solved...