Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

5220 default root password?

Created: 04 Mar 2013 • Updated: 16 Mar 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

While working with support last week, we "elevated" out of the clish. We then disabled the clish, I do not recall the directory of which we altered the file to disable the clish.

Now, I can only login as admin but cannot search to locate the altered file/directory because of permissions, nor can I 'su' to root due to invalid password. I have searched the admin guide but only it only provides the admin password.   

Operating Systems:
Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Andrew Madsen's picture

Typically it is P@ssw0rd

The above comments are not to be construed as an official stance of the company I work for; hell half the time they are not even an official stance for me.

phoenix24x1's picture

I tried that. I can get into the admin account with it but not the root. Root may even be disabled

We had renamed a file to disable the clish, however I cant remember the path.  

Andrew Madsen's picture

Try su - maintenance then run elevate. The password for maintenance is the same P@ssw0rd

The above comments are not to be construed as an official stance of the company I work for; hell half the time they are not even an official stance for me.

phoenix24x1's picture

Support got back with me.

To disable:

cd into /admin and do a ls -lah

Then, mv .bashrc .bashrcold.

To reenable simply:

mv .bashrcold .bashrc

SOLUTION