Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  7.0.5 Policies on Windows 7

Posted Mar 17, 2010 07:35 AM
    I've just upgraded three Windows 7 clients from 7.0.4. Pre upgrade the settings (both using group policy and the same at client install package level) were Autologon enabled, SSO disabled, Authenticheck disabled.

For 7.0.5 I set the settings, both in GPO and package again) to disable Autologon, enable SSO and authenticheck. None of these settings are applying, even after several reboots and several gpupdates (with or without force).

I've checked the resultant set of policies data for a machine and user and can confirm all the correct settings are 'winning' so there shouldn't be an issue.

I've also decrypted, removed the software, installed fresh and encrypted again but no help.

Any ideas please?

• 2.  RE: 7.0.5 Policies on Windows 7
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2010 10:59 AM

Hey David,

Something to tell you here that in SEE 705 the basic settings like sso | autologon | authenti check and others donot apply as there is NO PBA !!! ....... so nothing you can get as compared to 704 in terms of these settings ...... These settings will be available in windows 7 in the next release not now...

let me know if this answers your question

• 3.  RE: 7.0.5 Policies on Windows 7

Posted Mar 17, 2010 11:42 AM
    Ah yes, that would explain it. I forgot all about that one - I ran 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 on Windows 7 without any issues so expected it on 7.0.5 too, though I gather .3 and .4 werent meant to run on 7 and I was just lucky!
    Thanks for clearing that up