Video Screencast Help

7.5.0.3 NBU Windows Admin Console

Created: 02 Jan 2013 • Updated: 17 Mar 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

The Admin Console does not display anything in the right pane.  All of the options in the left pane from (Master Server) on down to the Bare Metal Restore Management option are listed.  I have 2 customers who are experiencing this problem, both of them have loaded the 64bit version of the 7.5.0.3 Windows Admin Java Console.  Checked with one customer and he assures me he installed both the base and patch packages.

Suggestions...

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Nagalla's picture

do they have any firewall between the Desktop and master server?

if yes, does they open for java console?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136090

did you try disabling those firewall?

what is the master server OS?

yhbg's picture

There is a firewall between the two but I am able to connect to the server with no problems using the 32 desktop installation of the 7.5.0.3 Windows Admin Console.  The server is RHEL5.8, 64bit.

We do have NetBackup configured in the firewall:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 10051 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1556 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 2381 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
#netbackup
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m multiport -m tcp -p tcp --dports 1556,13701,13720,13721,13722,13723,13724,13782,13783,13785 -j ACCEPT

quebek's picture

Hello

This FW rules are not really ok, as you are rejecting traffic and only later on you are allowing for NBU related ports, but such traffic never hits the allowing rule...

I would have move the last line for NBU above the line with REJECT rule.

Nagalla's picture

I am not sure if your Firewall config is showing the bpdirectional port open or not(i can not understand that)

Java/Windows admin consoles to master and media servers requires the TCP ports for vnetd/13724 and PBX/1556, bi-directional.

"am able to connect to the server with no problems using the 32 desktop installation of the 7.5.0.3 Windows Admin Console"

Idont understand this, are you saying you are able to connect from another 32 desktops are something els?

SOLUTION
yhbg's picture

I am able to connect to his server from a 32bit desktop.  I finally got him on the phone and was able to get him up and running.  I don't know for sure what was wrong with his setup.  It may have been a typo.  But he is working now from him 64bit desktop.

yhbg's picture

My other customer had a typo in his /etc/hosts file.  It was missing a period in the domain name:

was - ####.###.## ###  <----missing the 3rd period in the domain name.

should have been - ###.###.##.###

Sorry to have troubled you for this.