Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  8.0.2-12 Install cert and private key

Posted Aug 25, 2009 02:04 AM
    Hi all -i need to be able to get a private key and cert externally signed into the 8.0.2 -12 appliance ---- the CSR was not generated on the device  so i cant use the gui ......how can i get this on the device

please advise -- thanks  

• 2.  RE: 8.0.2-12 Install cert and private key

Posted Aug 25, 2009 01:51 PM
    So am I understanding you correctly in that you installed a certificate that is not working and you are no longer able to get in to the User Interface?

If that is the case, there is a command available to clear the certificates from the system. This would allow you to log in to the non-secure version of the UI.

Maybe you could explain a little of what led up to the situation you are in so that I can better assist you?

Thank you!
    Tom 

• 3.  RE: 8.0.2-12 Install cert and private key

Posted Aug 25, 2009 06:41 PM
    hi Tom -- thisis a new cert for a new device - the CSR was generated by another staff member and unfortunatley was not done on the device , the CSR was then signed externally (using the host name of the device)

so i have a new cert (with valid hostname) and private key but cant use the gui to get them into the device

thanks

• 4.  RE: 8.0.2-12 Install cert and private key

Posted Aug 25, 2009 07:35 PM
    i had to contact support and they advised you nolonger can import a cert \ private key in to the device as of 8.0.2-- The CSR has to be generated on the device itself

we are cancelling the cert and getting it re-issued using the CSR generated from the device

• 5.  RE: 8.0.2-12 Install cert and private key

Posted Aug 27, 2009 03:06 PM
    Thank you for the update. The tech you were working with walked up to me with that, and I was wondering if that might have been you. Seemed strangely coincidental.  :)