Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  832 Virtual Clients offline

Posted Mar 24, 2015 12:45 PM

Hi, up to now we've had the following setting in the Domain Properties window to delete non-persistent virtual clients after 30 days.  We now need to change this to maximum 3 days, because it's cluttering up the clients window.

I've set the setting to '3' days now in Admin -> Domains -> Select relevant domain -> Edit Domain properties and have set 'Delete clients that have not connected for a specified time', and 'Delete non-persistent VDI clients that have not connected for a specified time'.

I set it about an hour ago and I still have 832 offline VDI clients.  My question is, how long does SEPM take to delete these clients?

Thanks!

Dan

• 2.  RE: 832 Virtual Clients offline
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Should be once every 24 hours.

• 3.  RE: 832 Virtual Clients offline

Posted Mar 24, 2015 12:51 PM

Ok!  Good to know.

Thanks again!

• 4.  RE: 832 Virtual Clients offline

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2015 02:07 PM

Hi,

Refer this article: Purging obsolete clients from the database to make more licenses available

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81051

To purge obsolete clients from the database to make more licenses available

1. In the console, on the Admin page, click Domains, right-click the domain, and click Edit Domain Properties.

2. On the General tab, change the Delete clients that have not connected for specified time setting from the default of 30 to 1.

You do not need to set the option to purge the non-persistent clients for licensing purposes. The non-persistent clients that are offline do not count toward the license total.

3. Click OK.

4. Wait 24 hours and then revert the settings to 30 days or to another interval that suits your requirements.